Chapter 15

~~~
Firstly, WE REACHED THE 1K READS!! Thank you guys so much, you're the best💖 I also can't really believe this book is being read so many times :')

Anyways, I added the song 'Generation Why' by Conan Gray here because I love the song and it kinda fits the mood of this chapter, so listen to it if you want to :)

~~~

Tony

"So, what did you want to tell me?" Pepper asks while sitting down on my bed. It's already late at night, but everyone else is still downstairs talking about the questions and the scavenger hunt we just scavenged.

"I uh.." I stammer. I have to break up with her, only I'm not sure if I want to.. I mean, I want to break up with her but I don't want to face my motives for that. Plus, I don't want to hurt Pepper. She may be a little arrogant and rude sometimes, but she is my first girlfriend that lasted longer than 2 weeks. She's the one who helped me stop my playboy's behavior.

The point is.. I think I may be slightly in love with someone else. A male. Now this is a question I've been asking myself for some time now; Am I gay?

When you fall in love with someone of the same sex, does that mean you're gay instantly? I think I'm going to have a nice talk with Clint and Bruce, when this is over with.

"Well..?" Pepper places her a hand on her hip and waits for me to say something.

"I uh, I wanted to tell you uh, a few things actually. Firstly, I'm sorry for everything that happened and everything I've ever done to hurt yo-"

A smile appears on her face as she throws herself in my arms. "Thank you for apologizing."

I swallow as I hug her back hesitantly.

"I love you, Tony." She tells me.

Now she's making this even harder.. Admittedly, it's nothing special; we've said that to each other before, it's just that I can't say it back now because I don't. Love her. Anymore.

I just hug her back tightly, glad she can't see the pained expression on my face.

Apparently she doesn't think me not saying it back is noteworthy, because she pulls away from the hug, grabs my face in her hands and presses her lips on mine fiercely. I am a little taken by surprise and just as she practically shoves her tongue into my mouth, the door swings open and Steve appears in the corner of my sight.

"Hey Tony, what.." His voice trails off as he sees Pepper kissing me passionately. A sad expression appears on his face and he clenches his jaw, looking away, "I-I'm sorry, didn't mean to interrupt.. the little party you were having here."

He starts walking away already when I rip myself apart from Pepper hastily, "Steve, wait!"

I stand in the doorway, looking at him walking away quickly. Shit. I knew I just should've broken up immediately. Moreover, I know I should do it right now..

"Tony? You okay, babe?" Pepper leans on my shoulder

I nod, "It's just that.."

Then Bruce and Thor walk our way.

Pepper tilts her head a little.

"Nothing." I decide I'd rather do this when the time is ripe for it to happen, "You should go to your dorm, Pep, the boys are here."

She nods, kisses my cheek and leaves just as Bruce and Thor enter the room.

I plop down on my bed and lean my head in my hands. Why is she making it so hard for me to brake up with her?