Chapter 13

Steve

"Got it!" Natasha bursts our sleeping dorm in with a flat black mobile in her hands, waving it above her head. Fury's phone.

Tony, Bruce, Thor, Loki and I get up from where we were sitting and stand to look at the phone.

"Now we only need to crack the code and we'll be there. Is it in letters or numbers?" Loki asks as he grabs the phone from Natasha's hands.

He clicks the open button and stares at the lockscreen; an orange cat staring at the camera with it's green eyes, it's head slightly tilted.

Tony chuckles, "Cute. Now, has anyone an idea of what the code could be?"

I frown, "Can't we just make an emergency call?"

"No, you can only call 911 with that." Loki immediately answers. Seems like he's really done this more often..

"The code is in letters," Natasha announces, "Um.. Does anybody know what this cat's called?"

"Fury Jr?" Tony suggest, "It'd be something he'd call his cat.."

"If it's his cat." Loki emphasizes.

Natasha nods, "Guess we'll have to go and make a little conversation with our beloved teacher."

~~~

In the end we decided Tony, Natasha and me should go make the talk.

Tony because it's his operation, Natasha because she's handy with these kinds of things and me because.. Actually I don't know why I had to come. I guess it's because Fury may have slight favorites.

"I spot him, he's talking to the woman behind the bar." Natasha announces as we walk through the hall.

"Okay, so what's our plan?" I ask, "Are we just gonna go up there and talk to him?"

"Maybe you two should just go," Tony suggests while running his hand through his dark hair, "I'm no good at talking to people."

I frown, "No, no-"

"Actually he's kinda right, Steve." Natasha smirks a little, making Tony give her a glare, "What?" She exclaims, "You said it yourself."

"Alright, get going then. I'll wait for you guys here. If anything goes wrong, I'll be the second one to try." Tony says.

I nod before giving him an encouraging smile. He smiles back and softly bites his lip. I can see he's really trying to hide his nervousness, it's kinda cute. Then suddenly a thought of what Natasha told me plops into my mind; I know you're in love, you just don't see it yourself yet.
It echoes through my head as I stare into Tony's big brown eyes. Confused, I shake it off me and grab Natasha's arm, "Let's get going."

Natasha pulls her arm out of my grip as we walk towards Fury. He seems just done with his conversation with the lady behind the bar.

Just as I want to talk strategy with Nat, she walks straight up to him and starts off with a casual, "Good morning, sir. We wanted to know if you're coming on the scavenger hunt this evening?"

Yes, we have to so a scavenger hunt in the suburbs of Paris. The only fun part is that we can choose our own teammates and that it's in the evening.

Fury chuckles a little, "Of course I am! Wouldn't want to miss out on that, right?"

Natasha laughs, "Of course not. But are you going to compete too?"

As Fury, who seems to be in an exceptional good mood, makes a thinking face, I whisper in Natasha's ear, "What are you doing?"