Part 5 : Detention

#Chapter 5 out!

I really enjoyed writing this, and I hope you guys enjoy it too. ❤

#

G U S I O N

'We know.'

What was that supposed to mean? Did they find out about Lesley and me?

I'm dead.

The first person who'd probably kill me is Harley. I mean, that boy legit looked like he was gonna rip my heart out when Lesley said she cooked for me.

As I was thinking of how to escape, I tripped on a rock. Someone laughed. I looked up to see Saber.

'Earth to Gusion.' He waved. 'Are you okay?' He chuckled at me.

'I'm fine. Just thinking about something.' I replied.

'A penny for your thoughts?'

'No, it's okay. Besides, I need to get to detention.' I sighed.

'Oh yeah, right.' He paused. 'Why'd you skip?'

'I drifted off, I was a bit more tired than usual, that's why.' He made a knowing sound, then nodded.

'Okay then, Gusion. Catch you around next time.'

'Okay.' I smiled, and continued my stroll towards the detention class.

----------------------------------------

'Hey, Lesley! Wait up!' I called out, after noticing her walking towards the class.

'Hi.' She muttered. 'Ever been to detention?'

'No, not really. Usually I get away from this.'

'Me neither. Not that I get into trouble or anything.' She shrugged.

'Hey um...did you get a detention letter or anything?'

'Yeah, I did. Why?'

'What did it say?'

'Um, the time and place, as usual. What did you expect?' She laughed, then stopped noticing my reaction. 'Gusion? Everything alright?'

'Huh? Y-Yeah, it's nothing, I'm fine.'

'You don't sound fine.' She argued.

'Uh, I-' I started.

'Mr. Paxley, Ms. Vance, we were expecting you both. Come in.' Ms. Natalia said.

'Stay here, I'll be back.' She said and left the room. We looked at each other. I shrugged.

'Why did you ask me about the note?' She asked.

I explained about what was written on the note and the teachers' expressions while they wanted to give it to me.

L E S L E Y

Oh no.

It's bad enough that it's the third day of school and I'm in detention. If they know the truth about our whereabouts, the whole school will know. Wanna know what that means?

It means Harley will know.

Great. Perfect way to start the school year. Gusion on the other hand, looked as guilty as hell.

'Hey, it's not your all your fault, you know. I'm in it too. I didn't notice the time, my bad.' I reassured.

'No, Lesley. It's supposed to be only me here. You were just being a good friend.'