Part 12 : Traitor

L E S L E Y

Gusion took the book and we ran towards the dorms to let them know.

'Maybe that's what Kaja was preparing us for.' Fanny said.

'What? No way. How did Kaja know about the author of the book?' Zilong disagreed.

'Sorry, we missed that part. This person told us that we could trust Kaja, so I think they actually know each other.' Gusion shrugged. 'Maybe.'

I nodded. 'This just became a mission. We see Kaja tomorrow, first thing after school. We need to know what we're supposed to do.' I paused, feeling a familiar ache in my heart. 'Plus, I-I don't know h-how long-'

I couldn't voice it. It became unbearably painful.

'He'll survive. We'll make it.' Gusion whispered, pulling me close. I closed my eyes, trying to gain strength from his words.

I looked up and saw Miya tearing up. Fanny looked painfully sad. They got up, and gave me a hug, which made me feel better because I knew they'd have my back.

I looked at my friends in front of me, and started tearing up again, but for a different reason this time. 'Thank you so much, for doing this. It means the world to me.'

'Aww Les, you know we love Harley too and want him to be safe. We'll do whatever it takes to get him back.' Alucard promised.

I smiled. Miya put her arm around my shoulders.

'So nice to see you smile.' She whispered. 'After so long.'

I looked at her, seeing her as a sister figure. It comforted me.

'We see Kaja tomorrow then.' Martis said.

'No, we go now.' Gusion said.

'Isn't it a bit late, Gusion?'

'I know, but I want to get this done as soon as possible.' He sighed. I knew what he was talking about. He wanted to save Harley the sooner the better.

'I understand.' Martis smiled. 'Let's go.'

------------------------------------------

'It's a bit late, I assume this is important.' Kaja said, crossing his arms.

'Yeah, sorry. We know, but we got this information.' Gusion said, then explained the message in the book.

After hearing that, Kaja nodded and told us to come here the first thing in the morning.

'Morning? Don't we have classes?' I asked.

'Don't worry about that, I'll take care of it. This is more important.'

We left the room and went back to our dorms to get a good night sleep. Kaja warned us to sleep well or we'll regret it.

Whatever that means.

The next morning, we all gathered at my dorm to get some breakfast. This time I cooked for everyone my new family.

We are going to get Harley back, together.

'Hey guys! Wow Les, you made this? Smells delicious.' Selena suddenly appeared, Karina beside her. Gusion glared at them. I gave him a warning look.

'Thanks, you want some? I made too much.' I tried being nice, so they won't get doubts. Gusion glaring at them wasn't helping at all.

'Really? Thank you!' Selena said, and Karina smiled. I handed them their plates. The rest looked at me like I was crazy. I just shrugged.

'Guys, what are you all doing here anyways?' Karina suddenly asked.