Part 21 : New Hope

#Oh my God guys, we reached 2k reads!! Yes! *jumps around happily*

Thank you all for the lovely comments, and also for those who are patient for my slow updates 😓

Another short question..

Anyone actually read these A/N? 🤣

#

L E S L E Y

'What is that?' Harith asked.

It glowed brightly. I squinted my eyes and recognized the figure. ‘Lunox!’

‘Lesley, why are you crying?’ She came to me and hugged me, despite being a Goddess.

‘It’s Gusion. They killed him.’ I cried. ‘And now, we can’t defeat the Shapeshifters. We failed, Lunox. We failed. We’re so sorry.’ My voice broke.

She listened to me patiently. ‘Who said you couldn’t defeat the Shapeshifters?’

‘Only Gusion’s magic can defeat them, right?’

‘Yes, that’s true.’

‘We can’t. H-He’s gone, Lunox. Unless there’s someone else who has similar magic to his. Is there?’

‘No, his magic is one of a kind. You can say it’s authentic.’

‘Then we’re screwed. I didn’t even get to say goodbye to him.’ I whispered.

‘Lesley, stop crying and pay attention.’ Fanny said softly. ‘Don’t you see what’s she’s trying to say?’

‘How can I stop, Fan? It hurts so much. I’m broken.’ I sobbed.

‘Fanny, wait.’ Lunox said. ‘Give her time to calm down. Lesley, will you hear me out a little? Maybe it might make you feel better.’

‘I-I’ll try.’

‘Okay, no one can defeat the Shapeshifters except Gusion, because his magic is one of a kind, right?’

‘Yes.’ I answered.

‘I said we can still win against them. Is that possible?’

‘No, of course not. Unless Gusion suddenly resurrects from the dead and helps us out.’ I sniffed. Lunox didn’t say anything. Suddenly, it dawned on me. ‘Wait, you’re gonna resurrect him?’ I asked, with a glimmer of hope.

‘No, not exactly. I will gift him immortality. Unfortunately, if he dies again after this, it wouldn’t work anymore.’

That sounded better than nothing.

I’ll see you again after all, Gusion.

I looked over at that woman and that man, they seemed oblivious of what’s going on here. Then, they both walked away from the place.

‘They can’t see you?’ I asked.

She smiled. ‘I created an illusion so they wouldn’t know I’m here. It risks my life.’

‘Thank you, Lunox. For everything.’ I said, then she smiled and faded.

‘Lesley?’ A voice all too familiar called out.

‘Gusion!’ I cried, wrapping my arms around. ‘I thought I lost you. Don’t you ever leave me again. Or, I’ll kill you myself.’

He let out a small laugh, which mended my broken heart.