Part 6 : Research

G U S I O N

I don't understand. Why would my father send these things if they don't kill? If I come to think of it, they actually didn't try to kill me when they were chasing me around the towns.

'Um, Gusion? Are you okay?' Lesley's face written with concern as she asked me.

'I'm fine, Les. Just a bit confused.'

'I can't imagine how you're feeling right now, a father trying to kill his own son.'

I just shrugged. 'I really don't get why he would send creatures that wouldn't kill. To be honest, they were a bit too easy to kill.'

Lesley rolled her eyes. 'Come on, Gusion. You don't need to be overconfident in this matter. It's serious.'

'I'm telling the truth. They were easier to face compared to other Dark Abyss creatures.'

'Wait. Other creatures? How many have you met?'

'Yeah, I've been running for years, and he's trying too hard.'

One of her hands flew to her mouth as tears started to form in her eyes. 'Oh God, I'm so-'

'Lesley, hey, it's fine. I'm here, aren't I? See? All fine. Hands, legs-'

'Not this again.' She laughed, but the tears were still there.

'Let's take a break. I'm starving.' I said.

'Come on then, let me fix you something.'

-----------------------------------------

We went to her dorm, after borrowing the books and hiding them at the tower-like building safely, so no one will find them. We just felt that too many questions will be asked if we brought them to our dorms.

When I walked into Lesley's dorm, I was surprised to see Alucard there. 'Alucard?'

'Gusion? W-What are you doing here?' he stuttered, making me smirk.

'I was just about to ask the same thing. What are you doing here?'

I'm enjoying this too much.

'I-uh-I was just-um-just-'

'Just here to see Miya?' Lesley finished, grinning.

'You're not helping, Lesley.' He complained, but he was flushing.

'My pleasure.' She snickered.

'So, what are you doing with my bro here?' He started.

I quickly covered. 'We were just here to talk about our plans for the upcoming squad battle, that's all.'

'Quick thinking.' She whispered at me.

'Thanks.' I whispered back.

'Oh yeah? Then where are the rest of your squad members?'

Crap.

'Angela and Lolita couldn't make it, and Freya should be here any minute.' Lesley replied.

'Did I hear my name?' Freya suddenly voiced.

'Freya! We've been waiting for you. Remember we wanted to talk about battle strategies?'

She looked at us with confusion, then said, 'Y-Yeah, sorry I'm late.' Then she joined us. Alucard just sat there, sulking, until the girl with long white hair came and they talked as if we didn't exist anymore.

Cute.

'So, what's this about?' Freya whispered.

'We just came back from reading a bit in the library about you-know-what and we wanted to take a break while discussing it here, and Alucard started asking questions about what we were doing here.'