Part 24 : Confessions and Family

# Alright guys, this this the second last chapter.. #

L E S L E Y

‘What do you mean?’ Harley asked. ‘You said you were looking for her.’

What is going on?

‘I know. It’s for the greater good. Let me explain.’ Kaja said.

We looked at him without saying anything.

‘I told Natalia to hide because I knew they somehow got information that she has the crystal. I was afraid they might try to take it, or kill her. I didn’t want them to find out. That’s why I lied to you so that they will be misled.’

‘Yes, we’re so sorry for keeping you in the dark.’ Ms. Natalia said.

‘You don’t have to apologize.’ Harith smiled. ‘It was very wise of you to do this. I think you should stay hidden, Ms. Natalia.’

‘What happened to the crystal?’ Gwen asked.

‘Here.’ Ms. Natalia said, pointing at a satchel she had around her.

‘We’re sorry to come at this hour, but it was desperate.’ Kaja apologized. ‘We’ll leave you be. Good night.’

‘We need to know something.’ I said.

‘What is it, dear?’

‘How exactly are they creating the Shapeshifters?’

‘I wanted to tell you this tomorrow, but since you asked,’ He paused. ‘They’re creating a machine. They’ll have to place this crystal in the machine and break it in there, while the Shapeshifter is in it. The power released from the crystal will be generated to clone them.’

‘Where is this machine?’ Gusion asked.

‘Right where they are now. A few blocks away from this school.’

‘That means we can destroy the machine. At the same time, we could destroy the remaining Shapeshifters.’ Miya said.

‘Yeah, but we can’t just barge in there and destroy it. We need a plan.’ Martis said.

‘Natalia and I will be heading along. Excuse us.’ Kaja said, and they both left.

‘Well, that was a twist.’ Claude said.

‘So, now we need to plan how to get into their place and demolish that machine.’ Harith said.

‘Easier said than done.’ Gusion sighed. ‘We need to know how the inside looks like.’

‘We can ask Kaja about this tomorrow. If he doesn’t know, I could ask Haya’s help.’ Claude said. We all agreed to that.

'Okay, let's get into our sleeping bags.' Selena said. We settled down.

‘Hey, Fan.’ Gusion whispered. I turned around to hear what he wanted to say.

‘Yes?’ She asked.

‘We need to get everyone together tonight.’ He chuckled.

I didn’t understand what they were talking about.

Fanny smirked. ‘The remaining ones are Harley and Nana and Martis and Selena.’

Oh, now I get it.

‘What’s wrong with you?’ I hit him. He laughed.

‘Just.’ He said.

‘How are we going to get them to say it?’ I asked.