Part 23 : Magic, Blades and Crystals

# What's up everybody? #

L E S L E Y

‘Are you sure?’ Kaja asked.

‘Your gift of truth.’ I realized.

He nodded. ‘I have to kill it.’

Kaja told them to unlock the door. It was barely a fight for Gusion. He finished it off like a piece of cake.

‘Thank you, Gusion.’ Kaja said, and Gusion smiled. ‘You both head to the arena, I’ll be there in a few minutes.’

We walked to his office to get there. The others were already waiting there.

‘You guys are late.’ Saber said.

‘Yeah, we were with Kaja. We found out something.’ Gusion said.

‘What is it?’ Harley asked.

‘The Moskov in jail isn’t the real one. It was a Shapeshifter.’ I said.

‘How did you find out?’ Alucard asked.

‘My gift of truth. I can see whether they are Shapeshifters or not with my dagger.’ Gusion explained.

‘That means, Moskov is out there somewhere.’ Karina said.

‘No wonder he wasn’t with Alice and Vexana. They were keeping him safe from us.’ Martis said.

‘Then why no Shapeshifters in Alice and Vexana’s place?’ Harith asked.

That one got me thinking.

‘Maybe not enough Shapeshifters?’  Zilong said.

‘Maybe.’ Freya agreed.

‘I don’t think so. They have seven left. We need to find out why Moskov is the only one who was replaced.’ I said.

‘Sounds like he’s important.’ Harley said.

‘Maybe he is.’ Harith realized. ‘Maybe they didn’t want to take the risk that we would be looking for Moskov. He must be important to them.’

‘Important how?’ Selena asked.

‘I’m not sure. We need some information about him.’ Harith said.

‘We could ask Kaja.’ Gwen suggested. ‘Here he is.’

Someone else was following him, carrying a box that looked a little heavy.

‘Just put it down over here. Thank you.’ Kaja told that man. He nodded and left.

‘Are those the crystals?’ Claude asked.

‘Yes, Claude.’

‘Before we get to that, Kaja can you help us?’ Harith asked.

‘I’ll try my best, Time Traveller.’

‘Please, just call me Harith.’

‘As you wish.' He smiled. 'Now, what do you need help with?’

‘We need information about Moskov.’

‘Let me do a little search. In the meantime, you all do the test. Don’t hurt yourselves.’ Kaja warned and left.

Claude opened the box with his small knife.

‘Wow.’ He said.

‘Don’t even think about it.’ Fanny crossed her arms.

‘Hey, I already said I left my days as a thief, right?’ Claude said. Fanny rolled her eyes.

‘Gusion, you ready?’ Harith asked.