Kana

It was just before nightfall and the white-haired girl had fallen asleep on Deidara's back, too tired after absorbing all that new information. They would've arrived sooner, but Deidara was taking great pleasure in teaching the innocent girl about the world around her. Sasori would never admit it, but he was enjoying it too.

The base finally came into view, with its huge boulder entrance. Sasori flew through the hand seals and dismantled the seal, letting them inside before resealing the entrance. The base was almost completely dark, with only a few torches to light the way. They walked past the entrance to the lounge but failed to notice the red eyes staring back at them, or more specifically, the girl.

Deidara halted when Itachi appeared in front of him.

"You've brought a child here?" He asked, sounding more concerned than angry.

"We couldn't just leave her." Deidara replied. "She was going to die chained to a wall."

Itachi's frown deepened as he looked at Sasori.

"I hate to agree with him, but Deidara is correct." He grunted. "The kid knows nothing, has nothing, and doesn't even have a name."

Itachi showed no emotions, but his thoughts drifted to his own younger sibling.

"Are you going to see Leader-sama?" Itachi asked.

"Yes, we were on our way now." Sasori nodded.

"I will accompany you." Itachi stated.

"Whatever, let's just get going, un." Deidara said.

The three of them walked to the office in silence, all looking at the sleeping girl who hugged Deidara's neck in her sleep. Itachi guessed that she was about the same age as Sasuke. More memories plagued his mind from not too long ago. He was the newest member of the Akatsuki and his partner died only two weeks ago. He was a strong man, but the Mizukage was stronger. In the end, the Mizukage was still defeated though.

"Come in."

Itachi snapped back to reality when the office door opened, revealing a man with orange hair, purple ringed eyes, and many piercings that littered his face. Beside him stood a woman with purple hair and golden eyes, a single piercing just below her lip and an origami flower in her hair.

"Deidara, Sasori, I see that you've returned," His eyes then drifted to the head of white hair peeking out from behind his back. "With a child."

"Unfortunately, the target escaped before we could eliminate him," Sasori grunted. "All we found was this girl."

"What use is she to the Akatsuki?" Pein asked, his eyes glinting.

"We can train her to be powerful!" Deidara exclaimed, Itachi nodding.

"She is just a kid, a weak kid, training her would take time and resources." Pein argued, standing up from his desk.

A metal rod shot from his sleeve, but Konan walked in front of him.

"We were once weak kids too, but we were taught, trained, and got stronger after hard work." Konan said. "This child doesn't deserve to die, she has done nothing."

"Yeah!" Deidara agreed. "The kid didn't know what the sun was until I told her."

Pein sighed, sitting back down behind his desk as the rod disappeared into his sleeve.

"Very well, but her training is up to you, if I deem her as a hindrance, or invaluable, I will dispose of her." Pein said.

Itachi's anger flared, but he kept a tight rein on his emotions.

"That's as good as we're getting, isn't it?" Itachi asked.

Pein sharply nodded once, shuffling papers around on his desk before setting them down.

"There is a spare room next to Sasori's room, she can take that one." Pein said. "When she awakens there will be a meeting in the lounge. Sasori, I am placing you in charge of watching her until she wakes up."

"Whatever you say, Leader-sama." Sasori sighed.

"That is all," Pein grunted. "Dismissed."

~~~~~

Itachi, Deidara and Sasori made their way to the spare room, the little girl still fast sleep on Deidara's back. Itachi opened the plain wooden door, revealing a room identical to his own, minus the mission gear, clothing, and other personal items.

Deidara gently sat down on the bed, Sasori and Itachi helping to move her onto the bed. Sasori attached chakra strings to her and maneuvered her onto the bed while Itachi stayed close by just in case. Her head landed softly on the pillow and Deidara stood up, bending over to touch his toes and listening as his spine crackled and popped. Itachi pulled the blankets up to her chin, grimacing at the blood caked around her mouth and on her scalp.

Itachi and Deidara silently left the room, leaving Sasori alone to watch the kid.

Sasori passed the time by counting the stones on the walls and ceiling while also thinking up names. The girl didn't have one, and she couldn't be called 'kid' forever. 

Chisaki? No. Izumi? No. Junko? No. Himika? Still, no.

His thoughts went on for what felt like hours, but finally, she stirred, opening her brown eyes. She peered at Sasori for a moment before smiling, remembering his face.

"When is it now?" She asked, wondering if it was still day.

"It's night now." Sasori replied, standing up. "Now follow me, I have people you need to meet."

~~~~~

It was quite an odd sight to see the always stoic Sasori walk into the lounge carrying a child rubbing their eyes. 

Itachi, Deidara, Konan and Pein were already gathered in the room, spread out on the many different seats. Deidara and Itachi took part of the couch, Konan sat on the other end of the couch, and Pein leaned forward in the only leather armchair.

Sasori took a seat on the leather loveseat, placing the small girl down next to him and patting her bloody hair. The girl didn't seem to be affected by the awkward silence at all. She was also silent. She'd fit right in with Pein, Konan, Sasori, and Itachi. Deidara couldn't stand the quiet.

"First things first, I have a new mission for you Itachi." Pein said, looking at the Uchiha. "Your last partner died in battle and I am looking to recruit another."

"Who is he?" Itachi asked.

"Kisame Hoshigaki, an ex-member of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist who has recently gone rogue," Pein said. "He has been spotted in a small town in neutral territory near the border of Fire Country. Also, you will be taking the girl with you, this will serve as a trial to see what she is already capable of and to learn more about her."

"Hey!" Deidara interrupted. "Don't you think it's a little rude that we keep calling her kid?"

"I agree." Itachi nodded. 

"She needs a name." Sasori grunted.

"A name?" The girl asked. "I'm getting a name?"

"Un! Of course!" Deidara exclaimed.

The group then faded into silence, no one quite sure what they should suggest as a name.

"What about Kana?" Sasori suggested. 

"Powerful one, very fitting." Deidara smiled.

The girl smiled, testing the name out on her tongue. "Kana."

"My name is Itachi Uchiha, nice to meet you, Kana." Itachi said, his smile hidden beneath the collar of his cloak.

"Pein, Leader-sama to you." Pein said.

"My name is Konan, nice to meet you." Konan said.

"Hello, I'm Kana."

A/N

I'm dying, that was great to write, like omg. It's almost midnight and I have school tomorrow, goodnight! VOTE, COMMENT, AND ENJOY!