Yuki

~~~~~

Since signing the wolf contract, both Kana and Gray have noticed some changes.

Kana's tracking skills increased tenfold almost overnight. She could now pick apart scents with little difficulty and tracking people took a lot less time. Gray seemed to be much more connected to Kana than before. He preferred staying at her side and training with her, and often felt sad if he went more than a day or two without seeing her.

Lupa was shocked by the deep connection, but said it was part of the bond between them. All summons and summoners had a bond, but there hadn't been one this strong in ages.

"Kaa-san?" Gray asked, curled up at his mother's giant paws.

"Yes, Gray?" Lupa replied, peering down at him.

"What do you think of Kana?" He asked.

"Kana? Let's see..." Lupa hummed in thought. "Well, she's very caring towards the wolves, she has excellent skills that just need to be trained, I could even see her becoming a sage eventually."

"A sage? Didn't we have one before I was born?" Gray asked.

"We did," Lupa snarled. "Unfortunately, he went power hungry, and it all ended in a huge slaughter. And your father..."

"Is that why you didn't like humans?" Gray asked.

"Part of the reason," Lupa nodded. "Humans are just despicable."

"But Kana isn't." Gray added with a sharp look.

"No, but she isn't entirely human either." Lupa sighed.

~~~~~

With her double kodachi attached to her back, Kana made her way to the basement floor, where Kisame was waiting in the training room.

When she arrived, she entered the huge training room, glancing at the various scorch and scratch marks on the walls.

"Did you bring your kodachi?" Kisame asked, holding a wooden practice sword on his shoulder.

Kana reached behind her and pulled out both short swords, holding them in front of her.

"Now come at me!" Kisame grinned.

Kana came after him using all the speed she could. She slashed with her kodachi with inexperienced grace. Kisame blocked both blades at once with his wooden practice Katana.

"You don't have to attack with both at once," Kisame corrected her.

Kana flipped backwards, landing in a squat with her blades out.

"Now come at me again!"

~~~~~

"Summoning jutsu!"

A small puff of smoke appeared, and with it came a small gray wolf with a wagging tail.

"Hi Kana!" Gray barked "What are we doing today? Do we have to find someone again?"

"Actually, I want to ask you something." Kana replied, squatting down to his level. "Is it possible for me to try and summon someone else?"

"Of course you can," Gray replied. "But you wouldn't be able to summon anything much more powerful than me without using up a lot of chakra."

"So what would happen if I summoned someone like Lupa?" Kana asked.

"It's highly likely you'd die from using all your chakra." Gray said, giving Kana a concerned look. "Don't ever try it."

"Fine, then I'll try someone smaller." Kana sighed, bringing her hands together. "Summoning jutsu!"

Another puff of smoke appeared and when it cleared, a wolf pup the same size as Gray appeared. The wolf had brown eyes and was white, covered with some splotches of gray.

"Finally!" The wolf yipped in a childish girly voice.

The wolf looked at Kana and bowed her head slightly.

"Hello summoner," She bowed. "My name's Yuki."

Gray yipped.

"Yuki?!"

Yuki's head snapped to Gray.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me..." She sighed.

Gray and Yuki both rolled their eyes, giving each other a look of distaste.

"What's wrong?" Kana asked, giving both summons a confused look.

"Oh, nothing," Gray sighed. "It's just now I have to work along side my little sister."

"Gray, you didn't tell me you had a sister!" Kana gasped.

"Surprise!" Yuki said sarcastically. "I'm guessing this means that you signed the contract with Gray."

"That's right, I have my own summoner now!" Gray teased.

"There aren't any wolf summoners alive other than her," Yuki sighed. "So don't be so proud."

Gray huffed.

"That's enough you two, you're both here for a reason." Kana said. "I'd like to find out what you're both capable of."

"Oh! I'm a good tracker!" Gray exclaimed.

"Yeah, but I'm faster." Yuki smirked.

Gray stuck his tounge out at her.

"That's great!" Kana chirped, clapping her hands together. "Now we can do some training together!"

Both wolves scowled at each other.

~~~~~

Kana, Gray and Yuki trained hard, and even became well known around Ame. She was often seen walking down the street talking to her two wolves. Mang people had been afraid of her, but it had been made obvious that she and her wolves weren't going to attack anyone when a group of children asked to pet them. Unforetunately, the smell of wet dog followed her everywhere because of the rain.

Names like 'Wolf Princess' or 'Dog Lady' were often used by the children and some of the shinobi and civilians. But as the months went on, Gray and Yuki just continued to grow, however, they remained well behaved at Kana's side. The children never feared them.

~~~~~

"Kana! There's muddy fucking paw prints everywhere!"

Kana looked at Yuki and Gray.

"I told you guys to wipe your feet." Kana scolded.

"I did, Gray forgot to." Yuki huffed, shoulder checking her older brother.

"I'll clean it up," He growled. "Get me a rag and some water."

Hidan pointed from the couch at a bucket and rag that were sitting by one of the many broom closets. Gray stalked off to the bucket, his much longer tail dragging on the ground behind him.

Both him and Yuki had grown to the size of a husky, and would continue to grow.

Gray snatched up the rag and began scrubbing the floor. He mumbled swears under hus breath, words Hidan used often in his vocabulary and would get him in trouble with Lupa.

Yuki snickered, following Kana as they walked away.

"Why don't we go out hunting?" Kana suggested. "Gray can come find us when he's finished cleaning."

"Sounds good to me, I've been craving deer meat." Yuki replied.

"Do you really think you can take a deer down on your own?" Kana asked.

"All I have to do is injure it and tire it out." Yuki smirked, baring her teeth.

"Well let's get going then, I have to work in my stealth and speed anyway." Kana replied, then adding to it. "Oh, and I should practice using my kodachi."

"Too bad it's raining." Yuki sighed. "Rain makes it harder to find things."

"The rain will improve our tracking skills, Yuki," Kana giggled. "Besides, it's Ame, when is it not raining?"

Yuki rolled her blue eyes, bowing her head. "Good point, as usual."

A/N

Okay, so next chapter there will be a time skip, because I have lots of stuff planned.