Snakes

"Is it alright if I hold onto the scroll?" Azumi asked, yelling above the rushing wind.

"Yeah, I'm a frontline fighter, I'll defend you." Kana replied confidently.

"Perfect." Azumi smirked.

She whipped out a scroll and sealed their own inside of it, tucking it back into her coat.

"I can be on defence or offence, my ice release can be used either way." Haku said. "I'll help whoever needs it."

Kana's nose twitched.

"There's a team up ahead!" Kana informed them.

"We'll engage them and take their scroll, if we don't need it we can always bargain with another team." Azumi said.

"Good plan, let's surround them and ambush them." Haku suggested.

"Alright, Haku and I have got the front and sides, you get them from behind Azumi." Kana said.

"Roger." Haku and Azumi replied.

~~~~~

"I'm surprised we haven't encountered any teams yet." A young girl from Suna said to her team. "Thank Kami we haven't run into the freak."

"Don't be so loud!" A shy, nervous boy stammered. "What if he heard you?"

"He's not here," Another female scoffed. "My sensing range isn't large, but he isn't within listening distance at least."

The tree's just above them rustled, but it wasn't a team that jumped down. Just a single person, clad in black.

"Where's your team?" The Suna leader asked hostily, going on the defensive.

"Don't need one." He replied smoothly.

His first knuckle cracked and the Suna genin flinched.

"Are you not in the exam?" She asked, steadying her voice.

"I'm just helping someone." He grinned.

~~~~~

Kana's nose twitched again, but in it's own pattern, as if she was double-checking to make sure she was right.

"What is it?" Azumi asked, glancing back at the silent Kana.

"A friend is approaching from in front of us," Kana replied. "He will run into us in about thirty seconds."

Twenty seconds passed in relative silence before a figure burst through the tress, adjusting themself so that they were hopping from tree to tree in between Kana and Haku.

"I brought a present." He smirked, tossing a heaven scroll to Azumi when she turned around.

"And who are you?" She asked, a hostile bite in her tone.

"Kaneki, and I'm just trying to help." He replied.

"We already have a heaven scroll, so we don't need this one." Azumi scoffed, preparing to toss it back.

"Keep it, you may be able to use it to bargain with another team." Kaneki said. "You think you're the only team with two scrolls?"

"Fair enough." Azumi begrudgingly agreed, tucking the second scroll away with the first.

"So where are you going?" Kaneki asked, more so talking to Kana than anyone else.

"Towards the river most like-" Haku was cut off by a loud, earthshaking noise, followed by a sudden small gust of wind.

"What the hell?" Kana asked, her head snapping to their right.

"That wasn't the wind," Haku said. "It was a wind jutsu."