Reunion

Ame's makeshift team of genin strolled down the sunny streets of Konoha, mostly ignoring the looks that they received from the locals. Their attire was foreign to them, not to mention that they were all pale skinned from a lack of sunlight. It wasn't their fault, Ame was rainy after all, not much they could do about it.

Tsubaki let the three of them go out and explore, stating that she had to go meet with the Hokage and present him with their applications to make their participation in the exam's official.

"We should go get some food," Azumi said. "I'm starving and I'm curious if they have something I haven't tried."

Kana looked away and gagged, making Haku chuckle under his breath.

"You and Haku should go get a bite to eat," Kana said. "I'll meet up with you guys later."

"How are you going to find us?" Azumi asked.

"I'm a tracker, remember?" Kana grinned, tapping her nose. "If I can't find you then one of my summons can."

"Sounds good, we'll see you later." Haku smiled.

They parted ways and Kana summoned Yuki, wanting some conversation. 

"Kana, it's been a while," Yuki grinned, which looked more like a snarl. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, but there is quite a bit going on." Kana sighed, ignoring how people crossed the street to avoid them.

"Like how we're in Konoha of all places?" Yuki asked.

"How can you tell we're in Konoha?" Kana asked. "I didn't tell you we were here."

"Well for one, I can see the Hokage monument right up ahead, I'm quite well educated." Yuki chuckled. "That and I recognize the symbol that almost everyone here is wearing, not to mention I know this is where the Chunin Exams are being held this time."

"Nothing gets past you." Kana chuckled.

"This village also reeks of dogs, they are a popular summon here and this village has the Inuzuka clan, they specialize in using dogs as combat partners. Often they use dogs that are closely related to wolves or bred with wolves." Yuki said.

"That's cool, so can they talk like you?" Kana asked.

Yuki snorted in laughter. "That's a trait of summoning animals only, and they are naturally stronger than animals that are born in this world."

A small white animal dashed past Kana and slid to a stop before Yuki, barking and yipping. Yuki forced down a sharp bark of laughter and instead tried to calm the pup.

"Calm down little guy, I'm not here to harm anyone, I'm her summon." Yuki tilted her head at Kana.

The dog yipped some more and rolled her eyes.

"She's here for the Chunin Exams," Yuki scoffed. "Where's your owner anyway?"

The little white dog barked aggressively.

"Partner, okay! Where's your partner?" Yuki huffed.

"Akamaru!"

Kana and Yuki turned to see a boy in a gray jacket racing towards them, a Konoha headband tied around his head. He skids to a stop before Kana and gave her a half-assed bow before scooping up the puppy.

"Sorry about Akamaru, he got a little scared when he saw your dog." He chuckled.

"Wolf actually." Yuki corrected.

He jumped back a bit. "Woah! She can talk!"

"Of course I can talk, I'm a summon, my name is Yuki." She replied.