Taunting

Naruto, while visibly upset, was holding it together well, he dodged most of Kabuto's blows, and the ones he couldn't dodge either bounced off him or gave him mild stings of pain from chakra jolting his nerves.

Kabuto twirled his scalpel, pushing up his glasses with a menacing smirk.

"I wonder how similar you are to him?" Kabuto asked.

Kana scowled, knowing that he was speaking of Kaneki since he is the one who had a piece of his organs put into Naruto. It was necessary though, otherwise, Naruto was as good as dead.

Kabuto raked the scalpel across his palm again, this time cutting himself deeper than before and allowing the blood to splatter on the ground. Naruto unconsciously licked his lips, and a collective gasp rang out when his visible eye went black, with a blood-red iris. 

"Is that a kekkei genkai?" A Hyuuga boy asked for everyone.

Kana shook her head to herself. It wasn't a kekkei genkai, although she supposed it would be something similar. 

A feral growl escaped Naruto's lips, his eyes tracking every drop of blood that spilled from Kabuto's palm, eyeing him with a hungry look. Kabuto smirked, although this didn't seem like the time for smirking at all, as Naruto was slowly stalking closer, circling his prey.

"Do Uzumaki's have a kekkei genkai?" Someone whispered not-so-quietly.

"I don't think so, they were known for their sealing techniques and some unique jutsu, but that's not a kekkei genkai." Someone else murmured.

Naruto never flinched, his mind so clouded by the scent of blood, driving him mad. Kana twitched her fingers to distract herself, as the combination of not eating in about a week and the scent of blood was making her lose it. Shin was constantly pushing her, whispering things or just trying to push her into the dark so he could take the light. She wasn't going to let it happen though, she knew Shin was dangerous. Maybe not dangerous enough to take everyone here down, but he would kill as many as he could before being captured or killed.

It was evident that Naruto was losing it, and the Third Hokage sat on the edge of his chair, ready to jump in if anything (the Kyuubi) were to happen. But it wasn't chakra that seeped out of Naruto, it was pure bloodlust. His back bubbled, but not with chakra. Nine redish-orange tails sprouted from his back and tailbone, swaying behind him. 

"Impossible!" The Hyuuga boy exclaimed.

The female Hyuuga also activated her Byakugan, her pale eyes widening.

"What is it?" The Inuzuka asked.

"Those things aren't made out of chakra," The boy replied. "They don't even have tenketsu, yet they are like extra appendages."

"So, like extra arms or legs?" Kiba asked.

"Exactly." He replied.

Naruto didn't run, or even take off, he blurred, and suddenly he was next to Kabuto, four of his tails stabbing forward at blinding speeds. Kabuto barely dodged, jumping out of the way and dancing around all of the stabs aimed at him. Naruto herded him around, seemingly toying with him rather than winning the fight. Kabuto dripped blood wherever he went, not able to divert his attention to healing the deep cut in his hand while dodging the beastly boy after him. Naruto leapt at him, all nine tails wrapping around Kabuto's body and trapping him. Naruto strut up to him, loosening his restraints enough so he could grab his arm, blood still dripping from his hand.

He brought the hand towards his mouth and the audience tensed. Naruto opened his mouth, bringing the hand closer and closer. Kabuto's eyes widened, but when Naruto took a bit, his blood turned to mud and his body was just a lump of wood. Naruto growled in frustration. 

"Kabuto left the ring, meaning that the winner is Naruto." Hayate announced.

Naruto wasn't greeted with cheers or even clapping, the entire place was silent. Naruto's eye faded back to soft blue, and the tails bubbled before vanishing. Instead, he was greeted by the Hokage, who placed a hand on the boy's back and whisked him away.

~~~~~

Kaneki watched from the shadows as the Hokage took Naruto away, deciding that it would be best to give an explanation. At least then the boy wouldn't be blamed for his thirst for blood and hunger for flesh. He sunk into the earth, reappearing on the surface before the Hokage's building. With a few simple handsigns, he teleported into the Hokage's office, a kunai at his throat in an instant.

"You have thirty seconds to explain yourself or I will kill you." He said, pushing the knife against his throat.

"Wait! I know him!" Naruto exclaimed. "He helped my team!"

Kaneki pushed aside the knife with his hands, strolling past the Hokage and slinging an arm around Naruto.

"That's right, and he and I are now a lot more alike," Kaneki said with a blank face. "I came here to explain his situation to you so you can better understand him now."

The Hokage frowned. "Well, then have a seat and start explaining I suppose."

~~~~~

"Haku Yuki and Kiba Inuzuka, please come down!" Hayate called out, looking first at the board and then at the genin.

A boy and his dog eagerly jump to the floor, a boy with long hair elegantly coming to face him. The little white dog yipped at their opponent, Haku simply smiling at him.

"You should surrender, I don't like fighting girls and I won't hold back." Kiba barked with a smirk.

"Then I guess it's a good thing that I'm a boy and will not be holding back." Haku replied, taking six senbon and putting them between his knuckles.

"Even better." Kiba grinned.

"You both ready?" Hayate asked, interrupting their banter.

"Hell yeah!" Kiba howled.

"I am ready." Haku nodded, much more polite.

"Begin!"

~~~~~

"Are you serious?" The old man asked incredulously. 

"If you don't believe me, try to get him to eat some food." Kaneki shrugged. "It'll smell bad to him, taste bad, and make him sick if he doesn't throw it up."

"And he has to have... Flesh once a month?" He asked.

"That's right." Kaneki nodded. "If you notice a change in his behaviour he may need more."

"Thank you for telling me this." The Hokage sighed.

"No problem, but please, while I'm here, don't try to capture me." Kaneki said, flicking the scratched music note on his headband.

"Alright, but once you leave the village you will be fair game again." The Hokage said.

Kaneki nodded, making his way over to Naruto, and leaning into his ear.

"Do not mention the murders in the village until I leave." He hissed.

Naruto flinched, then nodding.

"I'll be taking my leave then," Kaneki said, walking towards the door. "I'm actually a bit curious to see what skills these genin have."

With one glaring smirk, he left the office.

A/N

I'm actually going to be changing a lot of the fights and matchups for the prelims and the finals. I have the matches and winners planned out, the last thing to do is write the fights. So look forward to that.