Photo

Hidan glanced down at Kana, a grin suddenly spreading across his face.

"Say kid, would you be interested in joining the way of Jashin-sama?" Hidan asked, then being elbowed in the gut by Kakazu.

"You are not going to corrupt Kana." He grunted.

"Fucking ow!" Hidan barked.

"Watch your mouth!" Konan and Deidara huffed.

Hidan scoffed. "Whatever."

Pein tossed a kunai to Hidan, which he caught out of instinct and stared at. Pein pointed at his neck, making Hidan look down, noticing his untouched Yugakure headband. The sound of metal against metal rang out as the kunai scraped across his headband, cutting through the three slanted vertical lines.

Hidan tossed the kunai back when he was done, shoving his hands into the pockets of his jacket, still unzipped, baring his torso.

"We will head back to the base, get our belongings and then leave for Amegakure," Pein ordered. "Is that understood."

"Yes, leader-sama."

~~~~~

"So, what's being immortal like?"

Hidan looked down at the curious little girl, staring into her wide and curious brown eyes.

"Not as great as everyone thinks." Hidan replied crossing his arms. "Getting injured still hurts like a bitch though."

Deidara, Konan and Itachi all glared at the man.

"What's a bitch?" Kana asked.

"A female dog." Sasori cut in.

Kana giggled. "So it hurts like a female dog?"

"Sure, whatever." Hidan shrugged.

"Quiz time." Kakazu suddenly said. "Tiger."

Kana quickly made the handsign, looking at Kakazu for further instruction.

"Serpent."

The quizzing continued, with Kana getting all of the handsigns right  and receiving praise from everyone, except Hidan, who didn't seem to care.

"Great, now we can finally move on to doing more ninjutsu." Kakazu sighed. "You practiced the earth one I taught you, right?"

"Yup!" Kana chirped. "Want to see?"

"Sure." Kakazu nodded.

Everyone stopped walking as Kana brought her hands together. She sped through all the correct signs, gave the jutsu some chakra and then spoke.

"Earth style: mud wall!"

A wall of mud rose up in front of her, rising to the same height as her and about half a foot thick.

"Good job." Kakazu smirked.

Kana grinned and released the jutsu, letting the wall crumble into a pile of dirt.

"Not that it isn't good you're advancing, but we must get moving." Pein said.

And so they continued on, still chatting pleasantly as Kisame ranted on about swords some more.

~~~~~

Kana frowned as she looked around her room. The room was now stripped bare, with a few items on the floor waiting to be packed. While it hadn't been long since she'd arrived, this base had become her home.

She smiled as she picked up a picture of Itachi and Kisame, a photo she took of them while hiding behind a corner. She told herself and others that it was stealth training, when in actuality, she just wanted to have fun being 'sneaky.'