Wave

"I can't believe leader-sama is letting you go alone," Deidara frowned. "He should send someone with you."

"I'll be fine, I'll summon Gray in a bit." Kana replied, pulling the hood of her water-proof cloak over her head.

"Just be safe." Itachi said, Sasori nodding his head.

"I will." Kana promised.

"Don't you dare fucking die!" Hidan exclaimed. "I have no other way of disposing of bodies!"

"Don't get yourself killed." Kakazu agreed.

"Tell Zabuza that his old pall Kisame is waiting for a rematch!" Kisame grinned.

"Alright, I will, but I have to go now." Kana chuckled. "Goodbye, everyone!"

Kana left the tower, a backpack on her back, kodachi attached to her lower back, cloak on, and her new headband tied to her right upper arm. She made her way to the village gates, stopping at the newly installed, gate checkpoint. Two chunin sat at the desk, one a woman no older than 16 or 17, and the other, a man, probably close to 20. 

"Where you headed?" The woman asked.

"The Land of Waves." Kana replied.

"Where are your teammates?" The man asked. "Genin can't go on solo missions."

"I have clearance." Kana replied, handing them a paper.

"Be back in two weeks or less," The woman said, handing her a clipboard and pen. "Sign your name and you can go, if you aren't back on time, someone will come and collect you."

Kana signed her name and handed the board back, chuckling at the waterproof pen (a necessity in Ame). She left the village, trudging through the rain for several kilometres until it disappeared.

"Summoning jutsu!"

Gray appeared in a puff of smoke, walking over to Kana's side in an instant.

"Considering you have a new headband and we aren't in Ame, I'm assuming you passed." Gray said with a toothy grin.

"That's right, I'm now a kunoichi of Amegakure, off on my first official mission." Kana replied.

"So, where are we headed anyway?" Gray asked.

"The Land of Waves, we're supposed to track down a guy named Zabuza." Kana said.

"Too bad I don't have his scent," Gray sighed. "Finding him would be easy then."

"Yeah, but on the bright side, I know that he's working for some guy named Gato." Kana smirked.

"How much time do we have for this mission?" Gray asked stretching his back.

"Two weeks." Kana answered.

"What do you say we run there and then use the rest of the time to kick back and find this Zabuza guy?" Gray suggested.

"I'm down for that, I really want a chance to relax." Kana sighed, hopping onto his back.

"And I really want to stretch my legs!" Gray barked. "Every time I get antsy kaa-san yells at me to stop, happens to Yuki too. Now hold on!"

Kana gripped the scruff of his neck and leaned down, letting the wind whip her hood off her head. Gray's dark gray fur rippled in the wind as they ran, his tongue hanging out. After running for about twenty minutes, they passed a small wooden building, with a sign that she couldn't read.

"That looked like a bounty station, I think we are in the Land of Fire now!" Kana yelled over the wind.

"How much further?!" Gray yelled back.