Control

A/N

This continues on from where the last chapter left off!

Itachi quickly got to his feet and leapt back, creating more distance between Kana and himself. Kana eyed him like a beast, saliva dripping from her mouth, although she didn't seem to care. Her right eye was now black and red, with the soft chocolate brown red and the white, black. 

Kana lunged right after him, dodging Sasori and Konan as they attempted to subdue her gently. Eventually, Itachi stood by Sasori and Konan, his face blank.

"Kana," He said. "What do you mean by you want me?"

"I'm hungry!" She exclaimed.

Then it seemed to click in Konan's mind. She ate human flesh. Why else would normal food have made her sick?

"Itachi, I think she eats human flesh." Konan said.

"It would explain all the blood when Deidara and I found her." Sasori sighed.

"So what do we do?" Konan asked.

"We give her what she needs to calm down." Itachi answered confidently.

Itachi approached Kana slowly, rolling up the sleeve of his shirt.

"Here, Kana." He said, offering his arm.

The small girl paused, a look of confusion on her face before it went back to a face of hunger. She lunged again, but this time Itachi made no move, he just grunted in pain when her teeth dug into his forearm. Itachi pat her head, smiling softly as he watched her slowly calm down. Her eye faded back to its warm brown and her eyes fluttered. She looked confused for a moment as she removed her mouth from his arm, feeling the drops of warm blood slide down her chin. She felt a hand on her head and looked up, eyes widening when she saw that it was Itachi.

"Itachi-nii!" She wailed. "I'm sorry!"

She hugged Itachi's side, tears falling from the corners of her eyes. She hugged him even tighter when he wrapped an arm around her.

Konan sighed.

"This is great and all, but I need to heal Itachi's arm now." Konan huffed.

"Oh," Kana mumbled, stepping back a bit.

She watched as Konan healed his arm from a distance, holding her hands behind her back as she rocked on her heels. Sasori gave her a confused look.

"Kana? Why don't you come over here?" Sasori asked.

"Are you sure?" Kana asked.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Sasori replied.

Kana paused for a moment, then shrugged, making her way over to Sasori and standing by his side. She watched curiously as Konan's hands glowed, hovering over Itachi's arm and mending the skin. The bleeding slowly stopped, and all that was left was a red patch of skin.

"I'm not very good at medical ninjutsu, but I've done the best I can." Konan said. "Just be sure you keep bandages on the arm."

"Alright." Itachi nodded.

"Now then, Itachi, you and I must go see Pein-sama," Konan said. "We have to tell him about this little incident and he will give you information on your mission. Sasori, could you take Kana to her room so she can put all her stuff away?"

"Yeah, I'll take her." Sasori nodded, giving Kana the smallest of smiles.

Itachi handed Sasori the three bags and gave him a quick nod. He gave Kana another gentle smile before he and Konan vanished.