Innocence

Kana yawned and rolled out of bed, surprised to find that none of the Akatsuki had woken her up yet. In fact, she could smell the faint scent of wood approaching her room. Her tracking skills were certainly improving.

"Kana," A voice called before opening the door. "Get up- oh, you're up."

Sasori stepped into the room, looking at the clearly awake girl and shrugging.

"Well that's a first," He said, turning back around. "Hurry and get ready, we all are leaving in about a half an hour, we've ready eaten."

Kana nodded and Sasori left the room, shutting the door behind him. Kana wanted to tell him that she was hungry, but decided it could wait.

She got ready at a relaxed pace, putting on her clothes and gear and putting her hair up. She slipped on her sandals and smoothed out her skirt before leaving her room, making sure that tgr bed had been made and her room was neat.

Deidara waited outside her door, glomping the girl with a hug as soon as she stepped out.

"Are you ready for the mission, Kana?" He asked, twirling her around.

Kana smacked his arm, making him release her. She held the wall for stability before answering.

"Yes, I'm ready," She huffed. "And stop crushing me!"

"But you're just so cute!" He squealed.

Kana ignored him and walked down the hallway, toward the exit where she could smell everyone gathered there; granted it was just a mass if scents that was hard to tell apart.

"Hey!" Deidara barked. "Wait for me, un!"

~~~~~

"Is everyone here and ready to go?" Pein asked, facing the group before him.

There was a collective nod and reply. "Yes."

"Then let's not waste any more time," Pein said, walking into the sunlight. "To Yugakure."

~~~~~

The walk to Yugakure was peaceful, with light chatter being tossed around and Kana asking questions about random things. Kakazu quizzed her on jutsu hand signs, Itachi sent surprise attacks her way every once in a while, Sasori told her to pick up random stuff with chakra strings, and Deidara was annoyingly clingy. Kisame joked and chuckled, talking about what kind of sword would be best for Kana, possibly even throwing knives. Pein and Konan remained silent, and Zetsu wasn't present (if he was present, he wasn't visable).

"Kana, I promise I'll take you flying when we get to the new base!" Deidara chirped.

"Finally!" Kana exclaimed, punching him lightly in the arm. "You were supposed to do that forever ago!"

Deidara chuckled, however his chuckling stopped when he eyes landed on a tree just ahead of them.

"Oh, a body." He hummed, an indifferent look on his face.

Kana perked up, her gaze snapping to the tree. She grinned, looking at Sasori, Itachi, and Konan.

"So..." She trailed off, pointedly glancing at the body.

"Go ahead, Kana." Konan smiled.

Kakazu looked at Konan to Kana, completely lost.

"Why's the kid so interested in a body?" He asked.

"You'll see geezer." Kisame grinned, baring his sharky teeth.

Kana approached the body, which had been pinned to the tree by his hands using a metal rod. His blood dripped from his chest into a puddle of blood below him, where a strange symbol had been drawn in blood. To put it simply, it wad a triangle inside a circle.