Murder

"And all of you are sure that your genin are ready for the chunin exams?" The Third Hokage asked, smoking his pipe. "Most of the time first-time genin don't participate until the year after they graduate."

"My genin are prepared, I think they can handle it." Kurenai said confidently.

"Shikamaru may be a slacker, but he will pull through for his team." Asuma grinned.

"I'm sure my genin would want to do this." Kakashi shrugged, thinking of his most colourful student.

"Alright," The Hokage sighed. "Here are the forms for the-"

"Hokage-sama!"

The old man's eyes narrowed when a chunin burst through the door, two ANBU standing behind him.

"What's the meaning of all this?" The Hokage grumbled.

"There's been another murder in the village!" The chunin gasped, out of breath with his hands on his knees.

"That's the second one in the last week." The Third sighed.

"These murders came out of nowhere." Kurenai frowned, shaking her head.

"Take the forms Kurenai, Asuma," The Hokage said, handing over the papers. "Kakashi stay here, I'd like you to see if you can track the murderer."

Kurenai and Asuma left the office, leaving the chunin, Kakashi, the two ANBU and the Hokage alone. 

"Who's the victim?" The Third asked.

"A twenty-eight-year-old woman, civilian," The chunin replied. "She lived alone in a cheap apartment in the Red-Light District."

"That isn't that strange, that area is rough, murders happen every so often." Kakashi shrugged.

"Not this one," The chunin shivered. "You should see the corpse and crime scene. If the witness hadn't gone to investigate the sounds he heard I don't think there'd be a body left."

"Kakashi, please go look at the crime scene for anything you can find to track the killer," The Hokage huffed. "I expect a report later."

"Come on," The young male chunin said. "I'll show you where it happened."

~~~~~

THUNK!THUNK!THUNK!THUNK!

Four long purple tentacles hit their marks, and Kakazu and Sasori clapped from across the room. She knew she had the extra limbs for quite a while, however, she wasn't confident at controlling them.

"It's kind of like chakra strings." Kana said, retracting her appendages. "It just takes a while to get used too."

"Glad you're getting the hang out it," Sasori said with a nod. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, my bag is all packed, I'm just waiting for Haku to tell me that it's time to leave." Kana replied.

"Have you eaten enough to last you the trip there?" Kakazu asked.

"I think so, plus Hidan packed extra in a scroll for me." Kana grinned.

"So that idiot is good for something." He snickered.

"Heil Jashin-sama!" Kana exclaimed just to mess with him, jingling the Jashinist pendant around her neck.

"Don't get involved with his asinine religion." Kakazu grunted.

"Be safe, don't do anything stupid." Sasori said.

"I will!" Kana chirped just as the door creaked open.