Goodbyes

Gathered in a rather large circle, Naruto addressed everyone who he had managed to find, including, but not limited to, Kakashi, Sakura, Lee, Choji, Shikamaru, Ino, Hinata, Kiba, Shino, Neji, and Tenten. He wished Sasuke could've been there, however, he had been knocked out earlier. Kana also sat next to him, patiently waiting for him to say what he needed to.

"I'm leaving the village." Naruto said.

Kakashi coughed, making choking noises as his eyes bugged out of their sockets.

"Wait, you're going rouge?" Shikamaru asked.

"No, he's transferring villages." Kana cut in, explaining things in a way that hopefully would prevent an argument.

"But why?" Sakura asked, obviously trying to prevent herself from crying.

"Ever since what happened in the forest of death things have been very hard for me," Naruto sighed. "Kana and Kaneki know what I'm going through, they can help me. But now that the exams are over, they have to go back to Amegakure, and I don't know how I would be able to handle my new abilities without their help."

Kakashi released a breath of air he was holding in. "That's a relief, I thought you were abandoning the village."

"Of course not!" Naruto exclaimed. "I'll come and visit! I promise!"

"You better!" Sakura sobbed. "You! You... You Knucklehead!"

 "If you still want to say goodbye when I leave, meet me at the gates in an hour," Naruto said, his voice wavering. "I have to get some of my things from my apartment."

Kana put a supportive hand on his shoulder, facing Naruto's close friends with a confident smile.

"I promise I'll look after him!" She chirped.

"I guess we'll see you at the next chunin exams?" Choji asked.

Naruto grinned. "Of course, I can't be a genin forever! And when you see me again I'll be much stronger!"

"The next exams are only six months away," Kana chuckled. "Looks like we have a lot of work to do."

Naruto stood suddenly, offering his hand to Kana and helping her up. 

"See you all later!" Naruto grinned, running in the direction of his apartment.

Kana followed after him quickly, watching as droplets splattered on the ground. Naruto was obviously crying, however, this didn't seem like an appropriate time to point it out.

~~~~~

Naruto was in the middle of packing his underwear into a backpack when the window suddenly flew open, Kaneki somersaulting to a stop on his carpet. He was quick to stand up, brushing off his shoulder and licking some blood off of his hand.

"Where did you go?" Kana asked, helping Naruto pack by throwing his some shirts.

"I attempted to get Orochimaru," Kaneki groaned. "Of course the fucker managed to get away."

Kana patted his arm sympathetically. "I'm sure you'll get another chance."

"Yeah," Kaneki nodded, his attention shifting to Naruto. "So, does this mean we leave for Ame soon?"

"Yep," Kana chirped. "Right after Naruto finishes packing we leave."

"Great, I'm kind of sick of Konoha," Kaneki scoffed, then looking at Naruto again. "No offence."

"None taken," Naruto said, rolling his eyes. "Now either help me pack or go away."

Kaneki shrugged, opening a drawer and beginning to empty it out onto his bed. Naruto threw a second bag in Kaneki's direction and he began to shove various articles of clothing inside.