Adjust

A pebble went flying down the road after Kana kicked it, her faithful summon Yuki rolling her eyes.

"You seem to be in a good mood, I take it you passed?" Yuki asked.

"Yeah, although I have to fight Azumi one month from now in the finals." Kana sighed.

"That sucks, but what can you do." Yuki replied.

"True, I guess I'll just have to spend my time training," Kana shrugged. "This is going to be a boring month."

"Don't you have friends you can hang out with?" Yuki teased.

"I thought you and Gray were my friend." Kana huffed, crossing her arms.

"We're more than friends, I meant other friends, you know, people." Yuki said.

"I suppose I do." Kana nodded. "Maybe I should see how Naruto is holding up?"

"Was that the orange boy?" Yuki asked. "How is he? Last I saw him he had been trapped under a huge tree branch."

"I think he's fine, physically at least." Kana said. "But I don't know how he's really holding up, I haven't seen him since yesterday after the prelims ended."

"Lead the way, I'm not familiar enough with his scent to track him." Yuki sighed.

Kana's nose twitched. "Follow me."

~~~~~

Groggy and exhausted, Naruto peeled his eyes open, hissing at the sound of knocking on his door. He waited for the knocking to go away, but whoever was at the door was persistent.

"Give me a minute!" Naruto yelled.

He threw off the covers and scowled when he realised he was in his underwear. With a heavy sigh he got up and found a pair of pants, pulling them on with a random shirt.

Naruto finally opened his front door, hissing at the sunlight before focusing in on the two figures.

"Eh, Kakashi-sensei, Sasuke, why are you here?" Naruto asked, rubbing the corner of his eye.

"I just came to tell you that I'm taking Sasuke on a little training trip, so niether of us will be in the village." Kakashi said. "Train hard!"

"You look like shit," Sasuke scoffed. "Take a shower and start training, I refuse to have a weakling as my teammate."

Naruto grinned. "I won't lose to you Sasuke!"

Sasuke smirked.

"Good luck with your training Naruto!" Kakashi chirped.

"Don't slack off sensei!" Naruto replied.

Kakashi chuckled sheepishly and left with Sasuke.

Naruto shut the door with a yawn, pressing his back to the door and staring into his dark apartment. A cup of ramen sat on the table from last night. His stomach turned just thinking about it.

"This sucks." Naruto sighed.

"Hey, Naruto!"

Naruto turned to the door with a scowl, mumbling to himself. "Everyone wants to bother me today..."

He swung the door open with a sigh.

"Hey Naruto, how's it going?" Kana asked, peering into the dark apartment.

"What are you doing here?" Naruto asked, looking a little more awake.

"Honestly I'm bored, so I decided I'd pay you a little visit." She chirped.