Stronger

Many genin who made it to the final round of the Chunin Exams had vanished, throwing themselves into hardcore training or spending time at home to rest and recover. Sakura, however, found herself wondering the village aimlessly, her feet seeming to know where she was going before she did. She found herself at a flower shop, one she was intimately familiar with after spending hours of her time with Ino.

She pressed her palm to the door, pushing it open and gasping at the change in atmosphere. It was warm inside, flowers on every shelf and sunlight beaming in through the windows.

"Welcome!" A voice chirped from inside.

Sakura went towards the voice, peeking around a tall shelf and looking for the person who spoke. It was a girl with now short blonde hair, pulled back with a ribbon. It was Ino, someone she was still on the fence about.

"Hey, Ino," Sakura said. "How are you?"

"Oh, Sakura, I'm doing fine," Ino replied, smoothing out her apron. "I was actually about to go see Lee."

"Do you mind if I come along?" Sakura asked timidly.

"Not at all, I'm sure Lee is bored to death in the hospital and would enjoy your company." Ino chuckled, shooting her a wink.

Sakura giggled. "Well, I suppose I should pick out a flower to bring him."

"I'll help you pick!" Ino chirped.

"Thanks!" Sakura grinned.

~~~~~

The monotonous colour scheme of the hospital burned itself into Sakura's brain forever. She didn't like seeing a place where so many sick people were, she wished they didn't have to be there.

The heavy smell of chemicals burned her throat as she nervously made her way through the different wards, following closely behind Ino and a nurse who was leading them to Lee's room.

"He isn't in bed..." The nurse sighed, peeking into the room. "Again..."

"That's Lee for you." Ino chuckled.

Sakura awkwardly clutched her bouquet of daisies, rocking on her heels until she suddenly heard shouting down the hallway.

"You should not be out of bed!" A female nurse scolded. "I don't want to see you up again!"

"But I must train!" Lee exclaimed. "The power of youth is flowing through my veins! I cannot rest!"

"You can and you will, otherwise I'll tie you to the bed!" She hissed.

Lee's face fell, however, his eyes widened when his gaze fell on Sakura.

"Sakura!" He exclaimed joyfully. "My beautiful flower!"

"Hey, Lee, how are you feeling?" Sakura asked, her eyes drifting to his left arm and leg, tightly wrapped in casts.

"I would be feeling better if I could go out and train!" He huffed, staggering into his room.

He stumbled forward a little and Sakura was quick to catch him, helping him over to his bed.

"You should be more careful, Lee." Sakura sighed, placing her flowers into a vase by his bed.

"You're starting to sound like the nurses!" Lee chuckled, smiling brightly.

Ino smirked, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively and placing her own flowers in the vase.

"Well, I'll be back to check on you later Lee, I have to get back to my family's flower shop." Ino chirped. "I'll catch up with you later Sakura!"

"Oh, okay, see you later Ino." Sakura replied, giving Ino a confused glance when she winked.