Teammate

A/N

A picture my friend drew of Himika for my birthday!

"Lightning style: lightning bullets!"

Three balls of electricity shot across the room and into Kakazu's mud wall, blasting through it. Kana had been training hard, and so far, she'd managed to get fairly good at water style, earth style, and lightning style, though above all she was best in taijutsu.

"Kana!" Deidara chirped, sliding into the room. "Leader-sama wants to see you!"

"I'll head right there!" Kana called back, turning to Kakazu. "Should I come back later?"

"Yeah, I think Zabuza is going to watch you and Haku spar." Kakazu replied gruffly.

"Then I'll head there and be back as soon as I can." Kana grinned.

"Let's go!" Deidara chirped, looping his arm around hers.

"Alright, alright I'm coming!" Kana chuckled.

~~~~~

"You needed me?" Kana asked, standing before Pein's desk.

"Yes, I have something I need you to do," Pein replied. "But first, I should explain."

"Explain what?" Kana asked.

"You and Haku will be leaving for the chunin exams in about a weeks time, the only problem is, that teams must have three members." Pein hummed. "I have found the final member for your team, a genin from this village named Azumi Rokusho, and you will be meeting her at the tea shop that you and Hidan often go to."

"Alright, what does she look like?" Kana asked.

"Blue hair, blue eyes, fair skin, around your height." Pein replied. "Can't miss her."

"So should I head there now?" Kana asked.

"Yes, I'm sure she's there by now." Pein nodded. "But one more thing, Tsubaki will be the one taking the three of you to Konoha."

"The purple haired lady?" Kana asked, tapping her cheek in thought.

"That's her." Pein confirmed.

"Good to know, I'll get going now." Kana said. "And if you see Hidan, tell him that my fridge is empty."

"I'll let him know." Pein nodded.

"Thanks!" Kana chirped running out of the office.

Pein shook his head, forcing back a smile.

~~~~~

"Summoning jutsu!"

A fluffy cloud of smoke appeared in front of Kana, and out stepped Gray, who seemed elated.

"I haven't talked to you in a few days, what's up?" Gray asked.

"Well, I've been doing more training, Haku and I are supposed to spar later, and I'm going to go meet up with a girl who is supposed to be our third team member for the chunin exams." Kana shrugged. "It's been busy."

"Wow, well make sure you take time for yourself." Gray replied, concerned.

"I will if I have time."

Gray glared at her and she held her arms up.

"Ok, ok! I'll relax later!"

"Whatever you say," Gray huffed, bumping his shoulder into her playfully. "But in the mean time, I believe you have somewhere to be."

"Oh yeah, I should get going." Kana chuckled. "You can go back now."

"Do you want a ride?" Gray asked, tilting his head.