{Chapter 11}

The week droned on. Nothing much happened. Until Friday. Of course, it was the Quidditch Match, so all of the classes of the day had been cancelled, for everyone to go and watch. I had Ally, because Draco was playing.

Early that morning, Draco had sent me an owl saying to meet him just before the Match, but it didn't say where. So I was lost trying to find him.

I made my way with Hermione into the Gryffindor stands, madly looking around the Pitch for Draco's blinding head. But he was nowhere to be seen. A few more minutes passed, then I saw him walk into a tent. I figured I should go meet him, so I told Hermione, then went off, Ally in tow.

I walked into the tent, hesitantly at first. But then I saw him, leaning against his broom, his eyes out a small, circular cut-out window. "Draco?" I asked.

He turned to look at me, then smiled. "I wasn't sure you'd come."

I shrugged. "I couldn't find you...what is it?"

"I dunno, I just wanted to see you before the Match, I suppose. And Ally," he added. Ally squealed at her name, then grinned widely at Draco. I would never know why in the world she chose to love him so much.

He fiddled with the hem of his uniform. "Draco...what is it really?" There was definitely something bothering him.

"I-I just wanted to say good luck...to Gryffindor, that is..." Then he seemed to regain his confidence, because he added a very Malfoy-like smirk.

But I returned his smirk. "Well, look at you, Mr. Malfoy, wishing Gryffindor luck." He rolled his eyes, even though he happened to be grinning like a maniac.

I turned to leave, but his hand grazed my forearm, causing me to turn around and face him. He had me pushed against a wall, and I was trying to steady my shaking breath. Draco opened his mouth, like he was about to say something serious, but then Ally wailed, and I remembered she was there, still in my left arm, clinging onto my side. Draco's eyes slowly made their way down to her, and he gave her a solemn look.

We stayed in that position for a few more seconds, until a loud buzzer sounded. He spoke softly and said, "Well...I'd better go."

I made my way back into my seat in the Gryffindor stands, and told Mione about what had just happened, then the Match began.

Gryffindor immediately gained control of the Quaffle, and within ten minutes, we had made our first few points. Unfortunately, one of the Slytherin beaters had hit a Bludger towards one of our chasers, and she was hurt pretty badly. Luckily enough, she was allowed to go on, been given the go ahead from Madame Pomfrey.

The Match lasted a bit longer than usual, due to that. But, in the end, Harry had of course caught the Snitch, giving Gryffindor 150 points. And we had the larger sum of points, so we won.

I couldn't wait to brag in front of Draco.

On the way back inside, it began raining, so we all had to hurry in. By the time I got in there, I was sopping wet, though, and so was Ally. Not to mention her long, shrieking wails.

I carried her up to the Gryffindor Towers, and bathed her. Then I let Mione and Ginny watch her while I got my own shower. After that, the sky had just cleared up, so I decided to go out for a walk. Of course, being the incredibly stupid person I am, I didn't think that it could start raining again.

Well, it did.

I was outside.

A mile from the castle.

With Ally.

I had to run for cover underneath a huge tree, and even then I was still getting somewhat wet. I was drenched for the second time, and so was Ally. Her yellow curls were flat against her head, pouring drops of water. Her mouth was flailed open, letting out cries. And the only thing I could think about was how she would most likely be sick after this.

"I hate my life!" I shouted, then sighed.

And, less than a minute later, none other than Draco Malfoy had ran for shelter underneath my tree. I raised my eyebrow at him. "Why are you here?"

"I could ask you the same," he replied, clearly out of breath. "...I heard you shout."

"...Oh."

We stood there in awkward silence for a while. The only sound was of the heavy rain and of Ally's cries. I decided to hand her over to Draco, thinking he could ease her. And, he did. It never failed.

I sat on the wet ground, my back against the tree trunk. So did Draco. I leaned back so that my head touched the tree and sighed. Then, randomly, a thought came to mind. "Draco?"

"What?" He asked.

"...There's something I've been meaning to ask you."

"What is it?"

"...Are you-are you a...a Death Eater?"

He turned to look at me; his expression was pure sadness and solemnity. Slowly, he pulled up his left sleeve, revealing the Dark Mark. I gasped quietly, then held out my hand as if to touch it, but he flinched away.

"Don't worry, I won't touch it. I just want to look."

I was starting to tear up, though I couldn't explain why. When I had finally gained control of my emotions, I asked him, "So it's true? He's back. And he's alive. With an army of Death Eaters."

Draco nodded.

"I'm sorry," I said, then looked away.

"...Me too."

At that moment, a meaning of understanding seemed to pass through Draco and I. Because from that moment on, I was more comfortable around him. And so was he.

A single tear ran down my cheek. Draco looked at me and said, "Don't cry."

"...I don't mean to, it's just that...Draco, I'm afraid!"

He looked into my eyes and spoke in the most serious tone I'd ever heard from him. "Kenna, I'm more afraid than I've ever been in my life."

I sighed, then leaned back against the tree. Ally was curled up, sleeping, in Draco's arms. I was shivering from the cold, wet rain. "What times are these," I whispered, "when Draco Malfoy is afraid?"

I turned to look at him, and he mustered a slight smile. There was no smirk to it, just a smile.

I leaned my wet head onto his shoulder and almost instantly fell asleep.

Thanks for reading! Follow, vote, and plssss comment!!