{Chapter 17}

Thursday after all of my classes, I was sitting on the grass outside playing with Ally.

Oh, and Draco was there, too.

We had been silent for quite the while. The only sound was the occasional giggle of Ally or the sound of her blowing a small spit bubble. Then, Draco finally decided to break the silence by letting out a long, exasperated sigh. He lied across the grass on his back, closing his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked, pulling Ally onto my lap.

When he didn't answer, I asked, "Draco? What's wrong?"

"...I don't know what to do."

"What do you mean?"

He looked at me solemnly. "I...I'm afraid. I'm afraid of him. I'm afraid of what he'll do to us. Of what he'll do to my mum. To my father. To you."

"Draco...what do you mean? Why would he do anything to me?" He was beginning to frighten me.

"Because of...you know, our relationship."

"If you're trying to tell me what I think you're saying-"

"No, no I'm not. I'm not saying anything, I'm simply telling you the truth. I'm frightened. I'm so completely frightened. I'm frightened for everyone." I placed my hand on his, then he added, "I don't want to be on his side."

I hugged him, and I was sure that Draco was fighting off tears, only for my sake. "I never wanted this. I-I...I just don't know what to do. It feels like the world is ending or something-"

"Draco...I'm not going to tell you that everything is going to be alright, because frankly, I don't know. I want to be honest with you, and I want you to be honest with yourself." I sighed. "Look, things are bad. And they're only going to get worse from here. But after that, things can only get better. Just think about that. And...as for not wanting to be on his side...I don't know what to tell you. I want to be supportive, but I just-I just don't know what to say..."

"He'll kill me either way," he mumbled.

"You'll have to fail for him to kill you. And there's no way I'm letting you fail." I smiled at him, and he leaned in and kissed me hard on the lips.

There was suddenly a squeal from Ally along with the cheering and shouting of a few unknown students. Our lips didn't break apart until I heard Ron's voice shout, "Get a room!"

I looked up, expecting to see him looking at me in disgust, but it was actually a smile. I smiled back. I grabbed Draco's hand, then we stood up. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were standing only a few feet away from us. Harry looked like a proud father, while Mione was smirking. And Ron still had that smile plastered across his freckled face.

I shifted Ally over to my side, then said, "Hey guys." I felt my cheeks blush.

"Hello," Hermione said, grinning wildly.

"Do you want to go play a quick game of Quidditch?" I offered, because there really was nothing to do.

"I...uh, well...Ginny and I were going to go over a few spells," Harry said. Wow. What a lie.

Harry and Hermione exchanged quick glances. "And I have quite a lot of homework to catch up on, really, and you know how I have to keep those grades up," she said.

They were both clearly lying, but I looked at Ron nevertheless. "Ron?"

He shrugged. "Sure."

Mione elbowed him in the side harshly.

"Blimey, Hermione! I-I mean...no, thank you I've got to...er...polish my broomstick..." He bit his lip.

I gave him an incredulous look. "Really? That's the best you can think up?"

He shrugged. "Yes?"

I rolled my eyes. "Alright, alright. Draco and I will play quidditch by ourselves, since you three are obviously so busy polishing your broomsticks and whatnot."

The trio said goodbye and turned to leave. I looked at Draco. He'd been very quiet during that conversation. I figured it was only because he wasn't used to my friends the way that I was. Yes, that's what it was.

We started walking towards the Quidditch Pitch, but then Draco began steering us in a different direction. "Where're you going?"

"It's a surprise." I looked at him, but he kept his gaze focused on the ground below him.

I shrugged. "Alright, then."

We walked and walked until we came up to the tree that Draco and I had fell asleep under a few days ago. There was a blanket set out under it and a small basket of strawberries. I eyed him suspiciously. "What is this?"

He only shrugged. We sat down.

"Draco, what is this?"

He shrugged again. "Can't I at least try to be nice for once without being questioned?"

I smirked at him. "Alright, Draco." I sat Ally on the blanket and let her crawl around. Then I grabbed a small strawberry from the basket and popped it in my mouth. "Really though, what's this for?"

Draco scooted closer to me, and whispered in my ear, "Be mine."

I could feel a small smile begin to creep onto my face. "Three words, eight letters, and I'm all yours." I raised an eyebrow playfully.

Draco let out a sigh, but smiled nonetheless. "I should've known...Kenna, I love you."

I grinned from ear to ear. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him on the lips. I broke apart only long enough to whisper, "I'm all yours."

Thanks to anyone who has stuck with this story the whole way so far!! Please vote, comment, or follow!