chapter 39

"You heard me," said Karen. Shawn couldn't believe his mom or his ears, you could see it in his face, I guess that's a good sign, it means he truly does have feelings for me. you told yourself. 

But it literally took everything in you to not run down the stairs and tell Karen off, you were so pissed. And you're the kind of person that cries when they get mad, but I mean mad-mad (😂 this is also me in real life, not kidding). You started balling your eyes out and didn't know what to do so you just cried silently and listened. 

"mom.... why?" asked Shawn. "because sweetie, she's the one that got you in the accident in the first place. can't you see what a bad influence she is on you?" she said. Shawn was silent. He just stood there and listened. "no mom I can't break up with her, she's the love of my life! I love her, and if you can't deal with that, well there's the door." he said while gesturing to the front door. 

you stood silent and started thinking. oh my god... what if she's right tho? it kinda is my fault Shawn got hurt. I can't stay with him, I'm not good for him. You could feel the tears coming on way stronger. 

Karen silently opened the front door and said one last thing before she left," I hope you think about my request." Shawn didn't look up from the floor.  Karen walked out. 

you kept crying to yourself upstairs, thinking and debating, whether you should actually leave Shawn. and this time, these tears weren't from anger, but from sadness. 

"Maya! Maya... babe" you heard Shawn call going up the stairs.  you quickly got on your feet and ran to the bathroom and locked the door behind you.  you balled up into a ball and pretty much let everything out, because well you realized that you actually are no good for Shawn. you put him in that 3-month coma, and that can't happen again. it's for the best you thought. 

shawn got to the bathroom door when he didn't see you anywhere on the 2nd floor of his condo. he knocked on the door, and you didn't say anything, you just quieted your crying.  confused, Shawn said, "Maya?" you didn't answer. you couldn't tell him, it hurt too much. he tried opening the door but it was locked, because well you locked it. 

"Maya I know you're in there." you could hear the worry in his voice. "cmon Maya don't do this to me... did my mom scare you off? god, did I do something wrong?" Shawn asked even more worried. you couldn't keep it in anymore, you started to sob out your pain. it literally hurt in your chest.  "Maya, please let me in and we can work this out.... please I can't stand to hear you like this" you could hear his voice cracking. 

you were actually thinking about telling him and letting him in, but you didn't want him to see you like this. a red, emotional mess. you kept crying and crying. "Maya.... sweetheart let me in, your too beautiful to cry like this. I can't stand to hear you... PLEASE" he said the last part with a band on the door, and then that's when you knew you had to tell him.

"Shawn?" you called out. "yes Maya, yes?" 

"I think it is best if we do break up love." 

hey guys! I'm so sorry about not updating in like forever, but like school has me really fucked up and barely sleeping, and today I finished all my homework early so I said why not? anyways, I hope you guys like this chapter, I made it extra special for you guys since you've been waiting for so long, I'm so sorry btw again. but please don't forget to vote if you guys like it - j❤️