Chapter - 27 - The Mark

Sana's POV:
The wind was blowing my hair and the air was as fresh as it can be in the soul society, it felt so good and I made the right choice to fly, I then remembered that I have to show my Mark to the Captains to prove that I am truly a Fallen One "by the way Ken" I called and he turned his head a little bit to me "what kind of Mark will appear on me?" "The Mark either it will show a phoenix or a dragon.." 'Huh?' "Why these two only?" "The phoenix represents hope and freedom, and also peace to those who carry the blood of the royalty, as for the Dragon, it represents wisdom and power, it is the mark of a ruler and a true one, but....." He stopped and that made me curious "but what??" "The mark of a Drago is said to be of a bad fortune and is to bring destruction to the royals, therefore those who bare the Mark of the Dragon will forever be cursed, but even if that is true, they are still from the higher ranks of the royals" he said as he flared his wings and the hill came to view and was close to us.

"We are here.." He declared 'so if I have either of these two I will be considered a royal' I thought as Ken swept down and flapped his wings multiple times to slow down and land safely, which in the end created dust around us. As we landed safely on the hill I was still on Ken's back thinking of what will happen, My Zanpakutō noticed my worries and turned to me "Don't worry yourself, M'lady, I ensure you that it will be ok." I looked at my Zanpakutō and smiled at him "Thanks Ken.." I said as I touched his head and rubbed it, I sensed a presence beside me and only to find my so-called boyfriend, Ichigo, with an annoyed expression."Of all the ways to come here, you decide to ride your Zanpakutō and come here!" He said and that made me amused with his looks "Oh~ what is this I see, jealousy?" I said as I teased him a bit "who said that I am jealous?? I am annoyed that is all!" "I can see that, besides I thought it will be great to fly in this beautiful clear sky" I said as I was getting of Ken but lost my balance and was about to fall to the ground instead an arm wrapped around my waist and it was no one other than my so-called boyfriend, Ichigo "careful there...." He said and I looked up, which is a mistake, a flashback of yesterday came to my mind and my face heated up from the memory 'I totally forgot about that!!!!' From the sudden memory I pushed him away but thanked him in the end.I calmed myself and looked up at the other audience, which are the captains and lieutenants which they were watching everything from the beginning till the end, but the head captain is not here yet "M'lady...." I heard Ken call me and I looked behind me to see him in his human form "would you like me to stay...??" He asked and I smiled at him "Of course, I don't mind" I received a gentle smile from him which surprised me 'I never saw him smile like that' he would always keep a straight face and never smile, I got to admit he really does have a beautiful smile, but I could feel a spark of anger coming from behind me.

Ichigo was glaring at Ken, and that made me facepalm 'when will he grow up' I thought as I felt a filmier presence coming from behind Ichigo, the head Captain Appeared and declared his arrival by raising his spiritual pressure which had a little effect on me "Now we shall confirm the Mark that Miss Yamazaki bares and decided if she is a true Fallen One or just one of Aizen's creation, let us begin!!" He said and all the captains went silent.

I, on the other hand, was nervous as hell, I took a deep breath and started walking to the middle with Ken behind me, without any other word I turned to Ken and reached my hand out to his chest "repeat after me" "From dusk till dawn," he started and repeated "From dusk till dawn," "the one shall show, and from the moonlight and the suns ray," "the one shall show, and from the moonlight and the suns ray," "I shall bear the mark that will declare my destiny, show me the mark for I am its fate!!" "I shall bear the mark that will declare my destiny, show me the mark for I am it's fate!!" As we finish the Enchantment and Ken started to turn completely white and entered me like when the first time I discovered my powers, my form changed and my clothes changed into an armor, I felt a weight on my back and looked behind me to see white wings: