Chapter Twelve (✔️)

Ragini heard the bell, she went to the door and was confused. Who could it be at this time? She slowly opens the door, just a gap and widen her eyes seeing the man in front of her, "Laksh!" She shouts and it felt like the whole neighbourhood woke up by her.

Laksh felt embarrassed, his cheeks changed into reddish and he lowers his head, "Aunty Shh! More people live here." He said and she fumes looking at him.

"What are you doing here, didn't you rejected my offer?" She stood there with crossed arms around her chest.

Laksh gulps, "Aunty?!"

*rattle rattle*

Laksh looked inside the house, "oh sorry. I shouldn't have come." He lowers his head and was about to leave the place, but Ragini stopped him, "where are you going at this time, come in." She pulls him in and he was surprised, "really? But your guest?"

Ragini confuses, "my guest? Isn't it you?" She asked him and he frowns, "I just heard something Aunty, what was that?" He was looking in, but there was no one, well not a human.

Ragini smiles, "oh you mean this one."

Laksh looked at her and smiles, "you like dogs too

Laksh looked at her and smiles, "you like dogs too. Wow!" He was coming near and took the dog in his hands, "Hey Doggy." He was playing with the dog and Ragini smiles.

"Okay Laksh tell me, what are you doing here?"

Laksh looked at her, "Ragini I decided to make a change in my life. Your idea to help me wasn't that bad, maybe if your offer is still there I would like to take it." He was waiting for her response, but Ragini was lost.

Oh no, what should I do now? I can't manage to help him. I, myself, am in a dilemma there is no time to entertain him and work for him.

Laksh shakes her, "Ragini if you can't it's okay, I'm staying in a hotel and my VISA is for three months. If I find a job it can be extended if not then I will return home." He said with a cute smile on his face, still holding the dog in his hands.

Ragini smiles, "no Laksh, it's nothing like that, but you see I'm just in a bad phase of my life. My boyfriend left me, I saw him with his assistant and got to know about his betrayal. I have to find myself back before I can look after a kid like you."

Laksh pouts, "oh please Aunty I'm much more mature than you think. I know you have a wrong image about me, but I can guarantee you, you are underestimating me." He said with a strong chest.

Ragini rolls her eyes, "hungry?" She could hear his stomach growling, Laksh nods, "the old lady gave crackers, yuck they were dry and salty." He shrugs thinking of them.

Ragini laughs, "oh you mean Mrs. Johnson she was my opposite neighbour, very friendly. Come I will make you something." She asked him to sit on the couch or chair, she went into the kitchen and prepared a small snack.

Laksh yawns, he was exhausted and Ragini comes with a plate, it was having a cheese toast. Laksh pouts, "is that all I will get?" Ragini nods, "yes." Laksh rolls his eyes while murmuring something under his breath.

Laksh was eating the toast and Ragini saw his bag, "Laksh hotel, right?" Laksh nods, "yes, I'm staying at the B&B or hostel whatever is free." He finished his food and Ragini was sitting next to him, with a glass of red wine, "no!"

Laksh was confused, "no? What no?" He asked her and she shook her head, "you won't stay in a hotel / hostel or whatsoever. You will stay here, this apartment is much smaller than the previous one. I can offer you the couch?" She was pointing on the same couch they were sitting on it.

Laksh smiles, "yes, but only if you don't mind it and it won't make you more work. I do understand that you just had a break up," he murmurs, "gosh two months have passed she is so vindictive."

Ragini looked at him, "what did you say?" The tone of her voice was dangerous.

Laksh shook his head, "nothing! Thank you." He smiles and she nods, she shows him the apartment and went into her bedroom.

Laksh was alone with the dog in the hall, he looked for a place to change his clothes, the washroom was in the master bedroom. He took a blanket and hanged it up. A small curtain wall for his changing.

He was in his trousers, when Ragini comes out in his shirt, she went into the kitchen forgetting that he is there.

Laksh smiles, he was laying on the couch seeing her in his shirt was something exciting. Her long legs were perfect, her shape was perfect and she was perfect.

Ragini took a glass and filled it with water, she burp as it was soda water.

"Nice aunty, but you can't beat me."

She spits out what she had and felt a heat raising up her cheeks, "good night Laksh." Was all she said and vanished to her bedroom. Stupid Ragini, how could you forget he is there. He won't leave me nonstop teasing.

Laksh fallen asleep with a bright smile on his face. Aunts you are gone, I won't leave you for that.

_