||6||

Edited: 21/12/23

Reuploaded: 25/12/23 (merry christmas)

°🥀°
The day Naruto Shippuden begins_

I just reached the wall of the village when a guard jumped down to me.

"On a mission?" he asked, I shook my head. Me? A mission? Unlikely. I am untrusted so I'm not all that surprised that it's taking a minute for me to get any work around here. Thankfully, free lodging and food though. Mostly thanks to Temari. I'm unsure why, but she seems to have decided to watch out for me now. I won't argue though, free food, free shelter, no work? I'm so down for that kind of life.

"I was just going to stand on the front and train, I don't want to wreck the village," I told him. He nodded and walked me out the village.

"We'll keep an eye on you and announce if we see anything. While you're training out here, you're basically the front line. Be prepared to fight if we need you," he tells me, I nod. No pressure then.

Please don't watch me.

Watch the landscape.

Watch the distance.

Not me...

I moved myself about 30 steps away from the wall and knelt down. My knees basically sunk straight away. Different to inside. Might be harder to train on this land?

"Stop thinking about the texture of the floor. Just train you idiot," I scolded myself, smacking my cheeks a couple times before putting my hands together.

We know Vine Ensnarement Jutsu works so we can try Leaf Whisper Jutsu?

"Leaf Whisper Jutsu," I muttered, suddenly my hearing was snatched from my body as it moved to the plants, I could hear everything around them. The closest plants around were, of course the treeline on the edge of the desert so I was surprised I could catch anything but just as I was about to stop it, a voice came through.

"Come on, Sasori, my man. We can't dawdle much longer," a familiar voice hit my ears. Deidara.

They're almost here... they're on the edge of the desert. I doubt it'll take them too long to reach us either.

"Release," I muttered, my hearing returned to me as my favourite red head approached me.

"Good morning, y/n," he greeted me.

"Morning, Gaara. What do I owe the pleasure of your presence?" I asked him.

"I was checking the guard with Kankuro. He's talking to them still," he told me, "then they said you were out here training, so I decided I'd come and take a look."

"I see," I smiled before looking at the forest. They'll be here by noon, I looked at the sky. But the attack won't start until late afternoon and the fight won't happen until the evening. We don't have long but we do have some time. Now's the time to decide, y/n. Are you going to risk worse effects from the butterfly effect and tell him or... just let it play out and watch from the sidelines?

"What's on your mind?" he asked, I looked at him and shrugged. My mind immediately deciding, finally, what I was going to do.

"I feel like something bad is going to take place soon," I sighed, crouching to the ground and swirling my fingers through the sand. I'm not telling him. But I'm giving him a warning. That will be enough. Not enough to make anything stray but just enough that perhaps, just perhaps he can prepare himself for them.

"Why don't I help you train?" he suggested, I gave him a confused expression. Or not?

"I don't think it's appropriate to spar with the kazekage," I told him. He just smiled and took his hat and robe off to show he had his crimson tunic underneath.