||22||

Edited: 21/04/24
Reuploaded: 21/04/24

°🥀°

It's this darkness again.

The weird heavy darkness.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Beeping?

And the smell of... Bleach?

Wait—

Fighting to open my eyes, I managed to force them open and found myself staring up at a different ceiling to the one I went to sleep to before.

It was white.

And tiles.

Suddenly I felt like I needed to breathe and frantically started gasping and sputtering against what felt like a tube in the back of my throat and a mask tied to my mouth. There was also the overwhelming sensation of the feeling of things poking out of my arms and hands. In my panic I tried to move but found I couldn't and instead looked around, my gaze darting from wall, to floor, to the machines beside the bed I was in, to the wires sticking out of my arms.

"Doctor! She's awake!" someone shouted, I don't recognise it.

Then there was the beeping next to me. It was annoying, constant. A steady rate.

Someone rushed over and helped release me from the torment that was the tube down my throat, and I let out loud gasps, feeling almost as if I'd never breathed before in my life and these were my first gasps of air.

"Alright, let's see if she's responsive," a male voice spoke up, stepping in the place of whoever had just been helping me. His face leant forward so I could see him when I looked out the corner of my eye.

"Can you hear me?" he asked, I managed to nod after attempting to say something just to find no words escaping no matter how hard I tried.

"Can you see me?"

I nodded.

"Do you think you can breathe me?" he asked before he started doing a breathing exercise. It took me a minute but soon enough, my breathing had steadied out again and I didn't feel like I was fighting for my life anymore. He gave me a small smile before grabbing some sort of remote and pressing the button causing the bed to raise up just slightly enough that I wasn't lying flat but I wasn't really sitting up either.

I glanced out the window to my right and just found myself staring for a moment.

I was in a hospital. I was in a hospital in Japan.

I'm not in Sunagakure anymore.

"Why—" I looked back to the doctor beside me, panicking, and forced myself to talk even though it was hoarse and painful at every sound I forced myself to make, "why am I here?"

"You didn't wake up for two days, so your father brought you here. You've been in a coma for 3 months," he told me, my eyes widened in shock.

First off—it took dad two whole days to bring me to the hospital?! The hell? And second off... 3 months?!

"3 months?" I repeated in disbelief.

"Yes. We aren't quite sure of the cause of this, but we are certain that for some reason your body had—is given up the correct word? It'd given up trying to function and acted almost as if it was... destroying itself from the inside out," he explained to me, "We couldn't pinpoint what was happening and so we've just been watching over you. We were just starting to believe that you were never going to wake up again."