||68||

"There's... A lot," Kankuro gawked at the plants and I tapped Gaara's chest, he reluctantly put me down and I slid into the crater, much to everyone's distaste.

"Everyone," I called to the plants, they all looked at me and stood to attention, "You're dismissed."

With that they all bowed and disappeared into the ground. I sighed and looked at the empty space where I was fighting who knows how many days ago.

I felt myself being lifted up by something and looked to see sand, it wasn't long before I was next to Gaara.

"Let's go now?" Gaara asked, I nodded.

"As long as she stays off her feet," Shizune's voice echos around us, "that bruise could turn into a fracture if she puts too much pressure on it."

We all look to her to see she's looking very worn out and exhausted.

"Trust me, she's staying in bed," Temari assured Shizune, "she probably almost died out here because she's just that reckless."

I pouted and rolled my eyes but didn't deny it.

"Actually, she did almost die. I'm not going to grace over the subject because you're friends with the Kazekage," Shizune said bluntly.

"Actually, they're dating," Kankuro interceded.

"Well, girlfriend or not. Y/n, when you hit that cliff side at such force, you really damaged yourself, it took a lot of our medical ninja just to heal you to this state. You were in a comatose state for 3 days as well," she looked at me annoyed, "no walking, no ninja activities. Just relax."

"For how long?" Gaara asked, Shizune closed her eyes in thought.

"A week to two weeks," she replied, "anyway, leave now if you want to get onto the road before dark."

The sand siblings nodded and I just flopped down onto the sand and let out a really long sigh.

"A week?" I whined to myself as Gaara moved the sand to keep up with his pace.

"Or two," he added without hesitation.

"That's just annoying," I growled but relaxed into the sand, it was oddly comfortable.

°🥀°

"Stay here, I mean it," Temari shot me a glare before leaving my bedroom. I sighed and grabbed the book off my bedside table.

I've been stuck in bed for a week and a half because our medical ninja decided that I wasn't healed enough. I've been cursing them all day.

The only people I've seen over this week and a half are Temari, Kankuro and the stupid medical ninja and from time to time that annoying Baki. Just thinking about him visiting me really annoys me.

The only good thing about this is, I've written out so much sheet music that my desk has a stack of it just sitting there, and that the book I'm currently reading is pretty good so I've been hella preoccupied to complain about any of this. Though I am wondering... where's Gaara? I've heard him come home but he's never come to see me.

"Am I getting the silent treatment?" I pondered on the thought.

"You're really thinking hard there, aren't you?" I looked over to the door to see Gaara leaning on the post, he walked over and sat on the empty side of my bed, "sorry, for some reason over six days, a lot of paper work piled up because Baki had no idea what he was doing."

Ok, so it wasn't silent treatment, I'm ok with that.

"How're you feeling?" he asked me, I looking up at him and frowned.

"Don't focus on me when you have those giant bags under your eyes," I bit my lip in frustration. He smiled and pulled us both so we were lying on the bed properly.

"Well then let's sleep," he said way too casually, "and this time I mean it."

"You--" I started but he just shushed me, took my book out my hands, placed it back onto the bedside table and laid on his side before wrapping one arm around my waist and putting the other under my head as a pillow. I frowned at him as he turned me on my side so I was looking at him.

"Go to sleep," he ordered before closing his eyes and pulling me in closer. I gave in, sighing and closing my eyes. I didn't intend on falling asleep but... I don't know... I guess Gaara's presence relaxed me and the fact that I felt like I was just wrapped in a massive blanket just made me fall asleep.

Kankuro's PoV

"What time is it?" Temari asked, I looked up at the clock.

"9pm," I replied before going back to my paperwork. Temari got up and went upstairs before basically sprinting back down and grabbing my wrist, pulling me from my seat and causing me to knock over all my papers, mixing what I'd done with what I hadn't yet.

"No, Temari, my work," I whined, she just shushed me and dragged me up the stairs and in the direction of y/n's room.

She finally let go of me and pointed into the bedroom, I rolled my eyes and straightened myself up before looking into the room to see the most adorable and tease worthy sight ever.

Y/n and Gaara were both asleep and I swear Gaara looks like he never wants to let go of her.

"Ok, now you're going to sort all my work out now," I stated, turning around and pushing Temari back downstairs and to the mess that she caused.

Temari started muttering something under her breath as she started sorting through the papers, I looked back at the stairs and smiled.

"I'm glad they're happy," I thought out loud.

"Same," Temari agreed, "and for your information, non of this work is actually done."

"What?!" I asked, looking at what she meant outraged. I grabbed my pen and scribbled it on one of the sheets.

"Noooooo it was a dead pen the whole time!" I shouted loudly while Temari just laughed at me and poked jokes at my situation.