||18||

Edited: 30/03/24
Reuploaded: 30/03/24

°🥀°

I looked up to see Naruto crying.

"Why? Why is it always Gaara?" he asked, his voice angry but sad, fighting the best of the tears to come, "if he dies like this... He's the Kazekage! He just became the Kagekage!"

"Try to calm yourself, Naruto Uzumaki," Lady Chiyo told him firmly. He turned around swiftly and angrily. My eyes widened and I suddenly found myself getting ready to grab Naruto just in case.

"You shut up!" he yelled, "just shut up. If all of you sand shinobi hadn't put a monster inside of Gaara, then none of this would've happened to him."

"Naruto..." I whispered, knowing completely that he was right. I knelt down next to Gaara and looked over his soulless body.

Can I calm Naruto down? I wouldn't know how to even if I did want to.

"Did you ever even consider how Gaara felt?" he continued his rant, my tears were threatening to fall again, fight, y/n, fight, you've cried enough over this today, "did you ever even ask? Calling us jinchuriki... What gives you the right to label us? Who are you to decide someone else's fate?"

I felt my tears start freely falling down my face.

He's right.

Naruto is right.

Gaara...

This world is a messed-up place—every day can be your last and... for others, it's worse. The life of a jinchuriki is one of loneliness and sorrow, it's one they don't get to choose, nor can they rid themselves of...

Deep breaths, y/n, you need to compose yourself. You know how this all ends.

"Naruto," I say, standing up again, my legs feeling like they'll give in any time soon, "my Father told me, when my Mother died, you can save thousands... But there will always be one person that you cannot save. No matter how hard you try. Just as long as you remember they were there, they can survive a little longer."

He turned to me before covering his face.

"There will be millions for you to save. Even... Even if Gaara is gone," I continued, just remember how the plot goes, y/n. Remember the emotional episodes. Remember Lady Chiyo.

He just continued his ramble.

"I couldn't save Sasuke, and I can't save Gaara either. For three years I've trained so hard... But nothing has changed," Naruto cried as Lady Chiyo started to walk towards Gaara. I looked up at her and she wiped my tears away from my face gently before focusing on Gaara again. I put my hand up to my face and leaned back as I watched her.

We both shared a look, I knew what she was doing. She knew I knew what she was doing. It was almost like a silent acceptance between the two of us.

She placed her hands on Gaara's chest, and the blue light appeared. The grass created a physical show of the chakra flow that was being forced into Gaara.

"Lady Chiyo! That jutsu!" Sakura called out quickly. The old lady simply turned back and smiled before focusing on Gaara again.

"Lady Chiyo you..." she trails off as I watch the old woman's eyes began to shake.

"I don't get it, what's she trying to do?" Naruto asked. Sakura looked away sadly.

"Is that—?" Guy started.

"Yeah..." Kakashi confirmed.

"Leave him alone, will you? What do you think you're doing?" Naruto asked, moving to go forward before being held back by Sakura.