Special pt.2

Err-- surprise? This book really surprised me, I mean-- I didn't expect to see so many people actually enjoy this confusing piece of writing. But I'm glad you are so I guess it's time I reunite everyone? Oh well. Enjoy.

°🥀°

Yue's PoV

This is strange.

Wasn't I just in the hospital?

"We're here, dad. We're not going to leave your side."

I guess I'm still there physically... But spiritually?

I'm just floating around in a dark space, well, it feels like I'm floating around. Looked down, I don't see my body, that's even weirder than not seeing the hospital room.

The beeping of the heart rate monitor beside my bed was still heard, if anything it sounded tunneled, like someone was echoing it through a long windy tunnel. It's a strange feeling, I'm not sure if I'm comfortable here or if this feeling was making me uncomfortable. It was like...a mixture of it?

Y/n... Is this how you felt when you were dying?

"Grandpa, we love you~"

I love you guys too.

Hugging you all is all I want to do right now, but I can't move. Yes, now I know how I feel. I hate it. I want to move, to talk, to be able to joke around with my son, my grandchildren, daughter in law... But I can't. Even going back in time so I can see my husband again... I'd prefer that over floating around in this darkness.

Damien is going to have access to all that money I've been saving up for over sixty years. That'll help him. Well-- he's going to get everything.

"You can let go now, Yue, you're just hurting yourself holding on. We all love you and want you to stop hurting."

Ah that's Émilie, Damien's wife, lovely woman, really kind, very easy to tease. I want to grin and joke, ask her if she's trying to get rid of me.

But I can't. This is frustrating.

But then again, I get to think of this, I'll be able to see Sugina, y/n, Annie and Anna, TJ, Hero, Nagi and Akio again.

"Hey, teach, I came to say thanks."

'Teach'? Only on person calls me that. Hidé.

"I'll keep skating for you. Just promise you'll keep watching over and I'll promise I won't disappoint you, cool?"

Cool. You've got a deal.

Ugh.

The darkness is becoming heavier. How's that possible?

The sound of the beeping is becoming more spread out.

You know, when I was admitted into the hospital a few days ago, I was scared to die, but now that I'm here... I guess I feel a bit better, I mean, I'm not scared anymore. Its like all my worries have been whisked away.

I'm just...sad I have to leave my family behind. Sure, I'll be at peace, but what about them? Will they be OK?

"They'll be fine," a voice rung out, I glanced around the best I could in confusion before my eyes landed on a small white light that seemed to grow and grow until the form of Akio stood there waiting for me, "come on, love, its time you come with me."

"Alright," I smiled, now being able to move, I looked down to see my body, but it wasn't my old, aged, body that ached at every move I took, no, it was my younger self, I'd say when I was in my mid 20s. Ah, I miss those days.

I walked forward and took his outstretched hand, he pulled me into the light, that incessant beeping turned into nothing but a long, continuous beep as I was engulfed by the light.

On the other side, everyone was waiting.

"Man, Yue, you really took your sweet time getting here, huh?" y/n ran over to me and threw herself on me, "you must've really loved being old and wrinkly, my man."

"I did not," I replied, hugging her back.

Strange.

She's warm.

And I can feel her touch.

"So.. I'm--"

"Dead? Yeah. Welcome to paradise," Sugina stuck her tongue out as she walked over and ruffled my hair, "just you wait. Y/n has one hell of a story to tell you."

"Oh really?" I asked as a red haired man walked over, y/n let me go and took his hand, looking at him with a fond smile.

"Yeah," she nodded, "so let's get back to the house and I'll tell you everything, beginning with that stupid bracelet from the convention."

"House?" I repeated, looking around just as the white turned into that of a large grassy field, to my right was a giant lake, trees covering the circumference of it, and directly in front of me was a large wooden house with enough rooms to fit us all.

"We knew you were coming when a new room appeared," Akio whispered as he took my hand and pointed to a small section that seemed to be out of place, "I hope you said goodbye to them properly."

"Well, I tried," I replied, "it's not easy when you're stuck in a pit of nothing."

"I hear you," he laughed. God I missed that sweet laugh of his.

"Oh, that man there," he pointed to the red head y/n was clearly very close to, "that is her husband."

"Holy-- what?" I looked at them confused, "I think this story will be so confusing?"

"Mhm," he nodded as we all entered the cabin and took a seat.

"Alright, so let's start. The convention was where I got a bracelet," y/n became spilling her story to me.

I listened, my emotions were pretty mixed.

Oh well-- I'm just happy to be able to talk to her again. I missed her. I missed her a lot.