||88||

3rd Person PoV

"Please listen to me calmly..." Ao spoke to his team as he closed his eyes in fear and sadness. Today is the day when they're wiped out.

Far at the battle field, everyone already knew. They knew where that blast was going to hit. Sadness waved over them as they all prepared themselves for the worst, as they all got ready to say goodbye to their family or friends.

"The blast... It's going to hit us," Ao continued, Shikaku jumped down from his perch and walked over to his friend.

"We cannot run?" Inoichi asked, "it's a horrible question but it is an important one for the younger generation here."

"No, it's moving too fast. Y/n, start counting from 10 in one minute," Ao ordered, y/n nodded as everyone moved over to where Shikaku and the Yamanakas were. They all sat together with greatful faces. They were glad to have worked with each other and got to know one another.

"10..." y/n started.

Ino Yamanaka allowed her tears to flow, the realisation sinking in. She wasn't going to be able to argue with her father over stupid things anymore, she wasn't going to be able to talk with him and laugh until late in the night with him and her mother. She wasn't going to be able to watch him panic when he knocks over her mother's favourite vase for the sixth time that week and beg her to get it repaired by Sai quickly.

She wasn't going to be able to spend time with the man she called her father the way that they're supposed to.

"9..."

Shikamaru squeezed his eyes closed. He's going to loose his father as well. He knew that he should've played shogi with the man even more, he should've asked for advice more often and joked with the lazy fool. He should've challenged his father to sparring matches and learned more about the Nara families jutsu even more. He should've cherished those god awful family dinners that always ended in some sort of angry/awkward silence because of something he or his father had said to his mother.

But what about his mother? He can't cope to see her unhappy, he can't watch her cry. He doesn't want to see her sad and broken.

"8..."

Temari's eyes widened as she realised someone she cared about was over there.

"Y/n..." she muttered, her shaking hands flew over her mouth as the shock sunk in.

Temari and y/n won't be able to spar, they won't be able to joke and tease Kankuro and Gaara, they won't be able to have random moments where they feel like they're sisters. She's going to loose a person she classed as the sister she never had. The person who broke Gaara completely out of his shell, the girl who flipped her and her siblings' whole worlds upside down. The girl who would challenge Baki because they both hated each other.

"7..."

Kankuro gasped and then growled, he glared at the floor and cursed the ten tails, cursed the war, cursed everyone fighting. He wanted to see y/n again, alive, well, just doing what she does. He wanted to see another y/n vs Baki stand off and help Gaara plan an awesome date for the two of them again. He wanted to watch y/n play the violin. Kankuro would be lying if he said that he didn't want to see y/n become a permanent member of their small family, that one extra person would've made everything more fun.

Y/n is like a little sister to the boy who liked to build puppets.

"6..."

Gaara's heart stopped. He looked over there. Over to where the woman he loved was residing.

"N-no..." he croaked out, disbelief dominating his tone, "y/n!"

His heart was beating so quickly, the thought of loosing her made it ache. It's that feeling of brokenheartness again. What did y/n do to deserve being ripped away from them? Why y/n? Why is it always y/n?

Anger washed over him and his sand rose, forming something, it was a small box. He took it and hid it in his clothes again. Squeezing his eyes shut he fiddles with the necklace given to him by y/n that time ago. The feeling of the leaves comforted him. They're a part of her. But then sadness took it's course.

"5..."

Choza looked down in sadness. Shikaku and Inoichi, his past partners, his comrades, best friends, closest allies. His brothers. They may have not been blood but he always looked at the two men like they were the brothers he never got to have. He closed his eyes. He didn't want to see it. The final sight. The feeling of loosing those people, those two men who he trusted with everything. He trusted his life, his wife's, his sons, his clans, his village. He trusted the Nara and Yamanaka. He didn't want to know that loss.

"4..."

Darui looks away.

"Goodbye, C, you were a great shinobi," he muttered, accepting the fate of his friend almost instantly.

"3..."

Everyone looked at each other, silent conversations were being held in each others eyes as they did.

"2..."

They'd become somewhat a family over the three days they were together in this war. Now they were dying together. They all accepted this fate. All the Yamanakas pulled their head gears off after reporting that they'd no longer be able to get help from HQ to the rest of the allied shinobi forces.

"1... "

"This is it," Inoichi muttered.

"It was a pleasure working with you all," Ao sent a curt nod to everyone as the oncoming orb came charging down.

The explosion was seen for miles, the sound reverberated around loudly. The energy wave sent through the building knocked the walls apart and caught all the shinobi still sat together.

Everyone watching from the battle field watched on with tear filled eyes.

"Y/n!" the sand siblings all screamed in unison. Their tears flowed. That place, they put y/n forward to be on that team because they thought that'd be the safest place for her. They didn't want to-- no refused to loose her.

Gaara dropped to his knees as he looked to where the giant explosion cloud kept growing.

"There's no way anyone survived that."

His heart shattered. He fell forward and slammed his fists off the ground angrily.

He was her boyfriend, her kazekage, he was supposed to protect her no matter what.

He failed.