||47||

at the end of the week

"that was awesome! You totally just knocked out the first round!" CJ exclaimed as we exited the venue for the first round for the last time this week.

"You mean to tell me, the past week was just one round?" Akio asked in shock, we laughed at his expression.

"Yes, round 1 happens all over the world and four people from each round one move to the next round, the two winners go to three, that's when the competitors all move around the world," I explained, he nodded and smiled.

"Either way this past week has been awesome!" he exclaimed as we threw our bags into Julie's car boot and got in, I rolled down the window and CJ leaned in.

"You coming to the rest of the Japanese rounds? I'm certain if you went to the eastern one you'd get through," I asked him, he looked up in thought.

"Maybe next year, as much as I want to advance in this years WOMAC with you, I'm not strong enough yet. You seem to get tactically better as well as stronger every time I see you, I'm just not getting better," he sighed.

"Train hard then!" Julie says, leaning forward to see him, "I expect you to come closer to beating her or maybe you will... next year."

"Will do ma'am. I'll come to watch you if you get to America and England though," he tells me, I nod.

"I'll see you then, then. Don't hesitate to text me," I reminded him, he nodded and stepped away from the car and Julie drove away.

"So what's the game plan for when we get back?" Yue asked.

"Drop you and Akio off, drop y/n off and then go get a beer and celebrate with my martial arts teacher friends about my student being better than theirs," Julie replied, winking at him through the mirror meaning she didn't believe I was better than their students, "actually, I think you're going up against Cecilia in round 2. Her trainer is Mr Coles. Do you remember him?"

"Yes. He was the English guy with the terrible Japanese accent?" I asked, she nodded, "everyone from my past is just popping up right now. It's crazy."

"Sugina is calling, here grab the phone and put it at the front," Yue shoved his phone in my face, I positioned it so she could see all of us and then accepted the video call request.

"Sugina!" I shouted, she looked startled for a moment but smiled and moved away from the phone showing our whole class around her.

"Hey y/n! Yue! Julie and... oh! Akio!" she exclaimed waving, everyone said hi, "we've watched all your matches on the live stream."

"Yeah! You've been kicking ass!" Hero shouted over enthusiastically like he does at his football (soccer) games. Actually, he was in his football kit. Hero is a boy with blonde floppy hair, freckles, brown eyes and he's the captain of the football team which makes him very popular. Not too popular for his childhood friends though.

"Hell yeah I have!" I replied, in the same tone as him. He just replied with an air fist bump and a 'whoooo!' chant before silencing.

Actually, my whole class is sporty. I am martial arts, Hero is football, Yue is figure skating, Sugina is speed skating, Anna is tennis, Annie is also on tennis, TJ is basketball, Nagi is rugby. The whole class plays baseball as well. Obviously I do figure skating as well but not competitively.

"Sugina how was your competition?" Yue asked.

"I came third... but I beat my speed record so that's a plus!" she replied happily, raising her 3rd place medal that was on a desk.

"Awesome!" Akio leaned forward to see it better, "you guys make me want to improve in my skating even more."

"Our class is just a class of sporty kids. We all compete in something," Yue tells Akio, "Sugina introduce everyone to him."