||17||

Edited: 30/03/24
Reuploaded: 30/03/24

°🥀°

Old (left) – New (right)
¬ Vine Cage (landscape jutsu) = Vine Ensnarement Jutsu
¬ Natural Hearing (tree dance) = Leaf Whisper Jutsu
¬ Root Grab (landscape jutsu) = Root Snare Jutsu
¬ Steel whip (tree dance) = Steal Whip Jutsu
¬ Natural surveillance (tree dance) = Natural Surveillance Jutsu
¬ Plant army (tree dance) = Plant Army Jutsu
¬ Liana clones (tree dance) = Liana Clone Jutsu
¬ Shallow plant (landscape jutsu) = Plant Phasing Jutsu
¬ Tree tracking (landscape jutsu) = Tree Tracking
¬ Tracking tools = Tracking tools

°🥀°

"Finally caught up to you," Sakura says weakly. She looks terrible, bruises and blood all over, cuts and gashes. Her clothes were really dirty as well. I think we looked about the same when it came to exhausted appearances.

"Sakura!" Naruto exclaimed, seeing the pink haired girl made him happier.

"You found us, nice work," Kakashi praised them considering if I remember just how far out they were from the cave, I completely understood why. It was definitely a hell of a trek that's for sure.

"We felt a huge tremor a few minutes ago," she says. OK, this conversation is incredibly boring and seems kind of awkward. As much as I don't want to listen to it, I feel obliged to do so.

"I'm glad you're here," Naruto says with an exhausted expression, "so you guys did it?"

"Yeah."

"it looks like you're still having trouble here, though," Lady Chiyo finally pipes in.

"Deidara is an expert at explosions," I said, sliding down against a tree as I did, they all looked back to where I was sat, "it makes sense they'd struggle. If he has clay he can do whatever he wishes. No matter if it needs his hands or not. I'm sure he can work out a way to make stuff."

"You're—" Naruto started before I shushed him.

"I'll introduce myself later, for now, focus on this battle," I say before moving myself, so I was standing and leaning against the tree again. I'm not going to risk merging with it because I may be stuck in there for a long time while I naturally heal, I think that was one of the conditions I put onto this jutsu back when I first made it as a kid. I could be wrong about that though. Just a gut feeling.

"What about Gaara, where's he?" Lady Chiyo asked. Naruto looked around before nodding in the direction of the two clones holding him.

"Alright," she whispers once she'd looked back and seen the state of the fallen Kage.

We sat in a silence until the sound of metal against metal was heard, ringing through the area.

"It's Guy's team," Kakashi announced, we all looked in the direction of the noise.

"What're you doing?" Sakura asked quickly, obviously worried that I might be doing something reckless as I started to do my handsigns.

"Natural Surveillance Jutsu!" I say through gritted teeth. My sight escaped my body and moved into the little plant that had been following Lee. I'm surprised to see its still out there if I'm completely honest.

"They're fighting Deidara," I report to team Kakashi and Lady Chiyo before being kicked out of the plant and back to my own body, "that's about all my chakra can take for now, I'm sorry to be such a useless burden right now."

I should've just stayed down instead of trying to fight the Akatsuki alone. What kind of fool am I to have even thought of attempting that? Not a smart one, I'll tell you that.