||87||

Gaara's PoV

"Your mother loved you," those words echoed through my brain. But... They told me... They told me that she hated me! That I was a product of her hate!

"Father..." I looked at his with wide disbelieving eyes, "did you really just say that my mother did love me? But that day... When Yashamaru came after me... He told me I was never loved."

'You were never loved Gaara. Never.'

"I told Yashamaru to tell you that, he was simply just following orders," father told me, looking down with narrow eyes, "I had to see if you would loose control of Shukaku if you were distraught. It was for the sake of the village... If there was anyone that Yashamaru really did hate... It would've been me. Not you. I'm the one who forced his pregnant older sister, Karura, to suffer the sealing of Shukaku the sand spirit."

"But Yashamaru was a great shinobi. He was loyal to me and was a reliable anbu of the sand. He followed my orders for the sake of the village," he continued, "it was all a big mistake. I realise that most of the things I did was a mistake and that I'd burdened you incredibly. I had decided that you held no worth to our village or to anyone so I took your future by making you a jinchuriki, robbing you of your mother and poisoning you against her."

"I took away everything. Your ability to feel or love others, though it would seem you worked around that. I also even tried to take your life away. But in the end, as a parent, there is only one thing that I have given you," he continued talking, "the only thing you got from me was a broken heart."

I remembered everything.

My eyes couldn't have gotten any wider as I remembered what Yashamaru told me.

'nothing is as fatal as a wound to the heart because it takes a lot more time and effort to heal up. But there is only one thing that can heal a broken heart. The remedy is complicated and can only be given to you by another person. It's love, Gaara. Love has already been given to you, you won't realise it now but it has, Gaara, and even more in the future too.'

Y/n is proof of that. She gave me love and helped fix my broken heart along with my siblings, friends and fellow ninja.

I felt tears falling down my face, sinking into the sand below me.

"A mother's love is powerful. It protected you and cared for you even after death, she's the one who made you what you are today. She allowed you to reach your destined role as Kazekage and to make friends, she gave you bonds with your siblings and community. She gave you a woman to love, cherish and care for with all the strength you have. She gave you all the things that I took away from you," my father started talking again as I tried to wipe my never ending fountain of tears, "as your father, I see now that all I ever did was torment you. I don't deserve to be called your father, I never have."

"My mother is amazing," I told him as I finally got my tears to stop but some still balanced on the corners of my eyes, "thanks to her, I have now received medicine form you father."

"Gaara," he looked at me with wide eyes, his tone surprised but still in a low whisper, tears of his own forming in his eyes, "my son..."

As my sand engulfed him completely, a sealing tag appeared on the front and his tears dropped from his eyes and mixed with the grains.

I watched as the gold dust fell to the ground, a giant cloud of gold just enveloping everyone in a gentle whisp of shimmers.

Thank you Father.

Thank you.

Your PoV
Time skip to the second final day of the war - when the ten tails gets into its second form (sorry guys I got lazy but we all know that Itachi, Nagato vs Naruto, Killer B and that Gaara's unit defeat the four kage then our leaf Hokage are reanimated and Obito appears blah blah blah but yeah).

We all stood alert.

"Guys, the ten tails has its eye trained on us!" I announced, warily looking through the sphere out to where the ten tailed beast wasn't too far away from the headquarters, also known as, the building we're stood in!

Tsunade and the Raikage were no longer here anymore, it was just Shikaku, Ao, Inoichi (and the other Yamanakas), C, myself, the raikages assistant and the few other ninja here.

If I'm correcting in remembering what happens next, then nothing good happens. Just the killing of everyone in this building except Ao (he looses a couple limbs).

I need to be careful.

"Yes, he seems to find great pleasure in looking over here, now doesn't he?" C agreed silently with me as his eyes moved to the ten tails as well.

Suddenly a strange orb of red charged up in its mouth.

"Wha--" everyone who was looking in the sphere all questioning it as the red orb was shot out in the direction of...

"Th-this is..." Ao had a grave expression, I moved away from the sphere. I know what's going to happen.

"What's the matter, Ao?" Shikaku called down to us from up at the desk.

I looked up at him.

This may be the last time I see him.

I'm sorry Shikamaru, I'm sorry if I don't save him. But I'll die trying.