||40||

"Y/n, this is your first mission. The Leaf Village has requested your assistance in a mission. You will leave immediately," Gaara tells me. I yawned.

"You woke me up and dragged me to your office at 3am on a Saturday for this?" I asked sleepily, he seemed to wear a small smile before going serious again.

"Yes. Now get ready. This mission is extremely important, you're to investigate a lake that some leaf shinobi have discovered," he tells me. I nod and leave the room.

°🥀°

"Heading out?" Jiro asked as I reached the end of the wall.

"Yep. Going on a mission, I'll be back at some point," I replied, waving and adjusting the chakra blades I'd been given a few days ago. I found I was a wind and fire nature so I focus the two of the elements in a blade each. It's pretty cool.

°🥀°

I reached the lake I was to investigate.

Looking around, it seems like a pretty normal lake, large but extremely misty. I noticed the leaf shinobi in a wooden building off to the side of the lake.

"Better take a look at this lake and talk to them after," I muttered to myself before diving into the water. I keep my eyes closed and put my hands together, sensing the chakra around me and then moving my eye sight to the plants along the lakes bottom.

There wasn't anything special about this lake, just a lot of dirty water and fish living in the water easily.

I was about to go above the water again when the chakra flow in the lake shifted and a large thing with a lot of chakra started moving around.

I move my eyesight back to my own body just as a pair of eyes appear in front of me. My eyes widen at the sight of the three tailed beast. I quickly swim back to the surface and jump onto the shore.

"No way, I'm this far into the story?" I muttered, coughing as I took deep breaths of air and moving away from the edge of the lake, "Why did they want me to investigate this stupid thing?"

Turning around I start hopping through the trees and landed on the balcony railings of the wooden hut. One of the shinobi noticed me and called everyone else. Kakashi and Yamato moving to the front of the group.

"I have done the job you called me for," I reported to them. They nodded and looked at me with a look that just told me they wanted my opinion.

"Well, the three tailed beast is really strong even after not fighting for a while," I turn around and look over the lake, "you would've thought it would've lost a little chakra but it seems like it's chakra is just doubling at an alarming rate. But it seems irritated, like somethings been messing with its head or trying to control it."

They all stayed silent.

"It's extremely angry and those eyes I faces were not the eyes of something that wanted a pat on the head for escape," I tell them glaring at the waters surface as it shifted slightly as the beast moved around.

"So it's just as we thought," Kakashi finally speaks up, I nod.

"Yes, it would seem Orochimaru wants the tailed beast for either experiments or something worse," I agreed with him, "is there anything else you need?"

"No, but may we request you stay to help us battle this issue?" Kakashi asked, I looked up into the grey wall of clouds.

"I suppose so. I am not in a rush to get home," I shrugged as a strange surge of chakra appeared below, before allowing myself to fall forward off the balcony. I landed on my feet and pulled out my chakra blades. My left one flaring up in blue and white, my right one flaring up in red and orange. The chakra moving quickly.

"Come out!" I shout, the chakra started to disappear now they know I know they're there. I frowned.

"Tree dance: plant army," I muttered, a few little plants popped out the ground, "go scout the area. We're being spied on."

"Yes!" they all shouted before disappearing. I jumped back to the balcony but instead perched on the railing, looking at them, my left leg crossed over my right and my hands still holding my chakra flaring blades.

"Whoa that's so cool!" Naruto shouted, looking at the blades. I stop focusing my chakra and they turned back to normal blades.

"Not really, anyone can do it," I chuckled, "anyway, I have my plants watching the area. Someone was eavesdropping our conversation."

"But we didn't smell anyone," Kiba states, Akamaru barking in agreement. I shush him and put my hand to my ear.

"Hear that?" I asked them, the sound of birds and bats flying through the area hit our ears as the two of them listened as I did.

"Bats," Kiba growled. I nodded.

"They hid themselves in a group of bat's," I told him, "hence why it was a surge of chakra and not their scent."

"You've improved a lot," Sakura tells me in awe. I chuckle and rub the back of my neck awkwardly.

"Not really? Temari and Kankuro have just been drilling a bunch of training and information into me ever since Gaara and the Akatsuki and then that day..." I told her, remembering the situation with Tzuu a few weeks ago. I glared at my hands, remembering the feeling of being frozen and rendered useless so easily.

"That day?" Sai repeated, I looked at him to see Sakura was covering his mouth.

"Read the situation you idiot," she muttered to him before releasing him and giving me a forced smile.

"How can I read something that's not visible?" he asked, Sakura just looked at him angrily and I looked at him astounded before laughing.

"Sai you really are as amusing as the rumours say," I told him, clutching my sides as my stomach started to ache due to my laughter.

"What?" he looked at me confused, I just shook my head before looking at the two jounin.

"Back ups coming soon?" I asked them, they nodded, "Alright. I'll go out and keep an eye out for any strange chakra surges. I'll be back to report if anything happens."

"Alright. Be careful there's a crystal user out there," Kakashi warns me.

"A crystal user, huh?" I questioned, "interesting."

"If you meet her do not hesitate to give her a punch for Hinata!" Lee tells me, I smiled at him and nodded.

"Alright. See you then!" I stand up and wave before jumping into a tree and merging into the bark.

Naruto's PoV

"We have a good ally with us now," Kakashi speaks up a few moments after y/n had left us.

"I agree! Y/n is a very skilled shinobi!" bushy brows nodded his head with a thumbs up, "she will not let us down."

"I'm just worried, i don't want her to get hurt by the crystal user or the big guy," Kakashi mumbled again. I shook my head.

"She'll be fine, Kakashi sensei," I told him, everyone looked at me surprised, "we have to trust the sand sent us one of their best to help. After everything she did for Gaara, I know that they were confident she'd be helpful."

"You're right Naruto," Yamato nodded before turning as Shizune appeared.

"Kakashi, Yamato," she greeted them and we all moved back into the main room.