||54||

Before we start, I know Gaara doesn't actually marry in the future but... I've just made up a random human named Rin. Don't worry too much about it, she will literally never be seen.

Temari had taken me back to her house.

Back to my old room.

Back to my violin.

I stared at it from my bed, it was sat on the desk. Untouched. Dusty.

"Ayato would be disappointed," I muttered as I remembered the man who invited me to play violin with him after surprising him on the street.

I stood up and walked out onto the balcony.

Temari failed to mention that Gaara still lived here with his two siblings and that I'd be seeing him frequently, unless I figured out a way to avoid him.

Sorry Lady Chiyo and the woman who spoke to me in my darkness... I just can't look into those eyes.

I sighed and leaned forward to see Jiro's daughter, Snow, running around with two other genin and a jounin. She found her confidence, I'm glad.

Turning around I noticed the sand on the balcony had shifted. He was here. I didn't even notice. Have I really lost all sense of what's happening around me?

I shivered at the thought.

I want Gaara back. The gaara I know. Is it that hard to ask for?

After throwing myself on the bed, I groaned and just lied face first in a starfish position. I wasn't even close to the pillows. Thinking about Gaara I remembered something.

"What if he and Rin have...while I was gone and...at least he'd be happy, right?" I muttered into the sheets before rolling onto my back and staring at the ceiling, "I'm bored."

Sitting up, I look around the room, my eyes kept falling upon the f/c violin in the open case. It was like I was being taunted by music. Just... Brilliant. I'm going mad, a sound can't taunt me.

Sighing, I stand and approach the violin, running my fingers over the smooth surface before picking it up.

I stopped playing violin years ago after my mother died. We used to play together, she would either play the piano or play her violin while I played mine and we'd play classical duets for hours until she got too tired to continue. When she died, I remember sitting in my room, glaring at my violin for days before closing it and throwing it in the attic. It was a memory that I didn't like much after her death.

When I met Ayato on the street, I surprised myself when I accepted his offer to play the violin. I surprised myself even more when I remembered how to play it. Just like when I was little.

I position the violin on the shoulder rest and then hold it up, raised my bow and started playing a random tune.

(here goes the music... If you want to that is... Obviously)

It was my mother's favourite song.

'Fantasy' by Julia Okrusko. Made for her album 'Legends: Fantasy Violin'

Apparently this song was the song she used to play to put me to sleep when I was a baby or when I was a toddler and I was being bratty. It's also the first song I learned because I wanted to be just like my mother - who at that time looked like a goddess to me.

It's been a while since I've thought about my mother so much.

Gaara's PoV

I was sat on the roof of mine and my siblings home when a person steps out onto the balcony on the room I wasn't allowed in. It was y/n. She didn't notice when I moved down behind her but out of not wanting to startle her, I moved back to the roof.

I can only admire her from afar.

Who is she to me? I feel like every time I see her, I'm questioning something about her or myself. I feel like I've been doing this for a very long time.

Y/n returned in her room. It was silent for a while and then music started to escape from the open doors and windows.

Something clicked.

Was that y/n playing?

I feel like I've heard this sound before.

I looked away before sighing and getting up, following my older siblings out my room and up the stairs to the roof. The door opened a little and our ears were hit with the sound of music.

All of us peeked through the crack of the door to see y/n with a strange instrument in her hand, swaying a little bit as she played, the light breeze ruffling through her h/c hair in small motions.

"She looks....angelic? Is that the word I'm looking for?" Temari asked as we watched on.

"I think it is," I accidentally blurted. They both looked at me with a brow raised and a 'hmm?' hummed in my direction.

"I'd climb every mountain and swim every ocean just to be with you and fix what I've broken oh, 'cause I need you to see that you are the reason," the music stops and a voice takes over.

I remember her.

...kind of...

...more than earlier.

What did I do? Did I forget her on purpose?

I remember that evening my heart was pounding so hard I was terrified someone would hear it.

It's happening now.

Feelings are returning along with memories.

Who is y/n to me? Would she forgive me?