||89||

(song is above)

"Home is not a place, an address you memorize. It's more than seven flights or apartment 8A. It's where you'll never feel lonely, whenever you're alone. That's how you know you are home," a soft voice sung near me.

"How I wish that we could feel that, somehow, right now. How I wish we could feel that again," the voice continued.

"Home is like a smile, you see in a photograph. No matter what you do, it's not supposed to change. Why can't we all be together, the way we used to be. Back on the ground, no more racing around. Here safe and sound. And home..." the voice concluded the song, "remember y/n.."

Remember what?

"Remember that you have a home wherever someone is thinking about you. You have a home with all those who love you and would give their life up for you willingly," the voice continued to whisper to me softly, "just like me, y/n."

Like you? What is this? Where am I? Who are you?

"Me and your father love you, my little princess. We always will. Even when death takes us," the voice told me. There's no mistaking it.

"m/n, come on, we need to get you to the hospital," the familiar voice of my father hit my ears.

No this can't be.

I opened my eyes to see the roof of my home.

I must've died and woken up in a memory or something? Is this what they mean by your life flashes in front of your eyes when you die or are about to die?

I looked around the room, on the wall was a calendar. December. All the days up to the 23rd was crossed out.

No. I know where I am.

"Don't worry, y/n, Mommy will get better soon," my father turned to me before leaving the room.

But she won't. She dies on the 25th.

Why this memory? Why do I have to remember this one?

How cruel.

I felt like my body was being dragged around and in front of me an image opened up. It was a hospital room. The calendar read 'December 25th'.

Loud sobbing escaped the room.

"N-no m/n, you can't leave me," my father sobbed, the image of him kneeling on the floor with his arms and head resting on the bed with a person covered completely up in it, "you can't leave me and y/n alone. Not now, please."

"Mr l/n, we need you to sign this," a nurse handed him some paper. My father just glared at her and threw the paper on the floor before walking out the hospital angrily.

He walked straight to a building, a large building that looked like it used to be a set of office flats. He looked at the phone number on the 'for sale' sign and called it.

"Hello, I'm looking to buy the office tower on sale here," he announced to the person answering the call, they asked if he wanted to buy straight away, "yes. Thank you."

"Send me the documents immediately, just meet me at the building," my father spoke before hanging the call up and perching on the wall in front of the building.

The scene changed again. It changed to my father and a smaller version of myself talking to a familiar people.

But the image changed abruptly to just a black area.

What?

-- blank --

What happened just a moment ago?

My mind seemed to just break.

It all flushed out.

All those scenes I'd just watched, they all just burned up, disappeared.

I tried to think again, tried to pick up another memory.

They all disappeared.

My mother, who was my mother?

And my father? What was his name?

I...

My mind started to ache immensely, the pain of more and more memories slipping away from me, even as I tried to grab onto them.

I can't remember...

I can't....

....breathe...

3rd Person PoV

"Quick! Search for survivors! Hurry it up!" a medical ninja demanded, throwing their hand out, gesturing over the rubble of the former HQ building.

Everyone went jumping into the area. Pulling up large slabs of wall, picking up wooden boards and piling them up in different areas.

"W-what's this?" someone shouted as they came across a shell of thick vines and leaves. They were slightly charred on rogue vines and leaves that sat lifelessly on the tops and around the domes of plants.

"There's another one over here!" another person shouted.

"And here!"

More and more people shouted that there were more and more strange domes of plants.

"Are there any people in there?" Shizune shouted, "sensory ninja, quickly!"

"Yes!"

Two shinobi went to each plant shell and placed a hand on it.

"There's... It's faint but there's chakra in here!" that was two shells. The rest....nothing.

"Alright! Open them all up!" Shizune demanded. Everyone crowded a shell each and pulled out a kunai.

They started slicing and pulling at the vines and the leaves. Only two were not being opened, they were tightly bound, constantly recreating more vines and closing up the sudden cut in the protective shell.

The ones that were opened revealed a dead body in each shell. Amongst them was C of the hidden cloud, Inoichi Yamanaka and Shikaku Nara of the leaf village.

"We can't open these shells!" the stone medical nin beside Shizune announced.

"That must mean that there are people alive in here, who is missing from the group?" Shizune asked, crouching down and placing a hand on the shell in front of her.

"Seems that it's Ao from the hidden mist and Lady y/n from the hidden sand," a brunette from the hidden leaf replied, "but I don't recognise this jutsu?"

"I do," a sand nin jumped down, "my name is Jiro. I'm a guard and medical nin from the sand. I know only of one person who can do this jutsu, she happens to be my friend."

"Stop beating around the bush. Who is it?" Shizune asked.

"Isn't it obvious? It's y/n," Jiro smiled as he knelt down next to one of the shells and knocked on it twice just like y/n used to when she trained out just in front of the gates and he'd be the unlucky sparring partner.

He knew that the vines would only disperse if the jutsu caster was comfortable with the person trying to get rid of them.

He knocked again. A warmth spread through his knuckles as he did.