(christmascookie26's story) The Last Cookie

please read. from this point on this is word for word from christmascookie26's one-shot book. sorry it's late.

......................................................................................................

hi people, i'm making this one-shot as a tribute to the horrible day of 9/11

this is Percy when he's younger, his thouhts on 9/11. read on...

Little Percy's (POV) (before gabe, were gonna pretend the Twin towers are like twelve blocks away)

Percy was sitting on a shaggy carpet of the apartment, he was paying with a Nemo toy and a horse. Sally was in the kitchen making sandwiches and blue cookies.

Percy was in the middle of making the horse eat Nemo he was able to snag a cookie but before he could eat it, he looked out the window and was shocked to see billows of smoke raising up over the sky scapers.

" mommy!" Percy yelled in worry " yes  Percy?" asked Sally wiping her hands on her apon.

" look there's smoke. Is there a fire?" percy asked running up to the window and looking out with curiosity.

Sally's eyes widened, she hurried and turned on the New Channel. Sally put her hand over her mouth in shock, and tears brimmed her eyes. she saw the first tower moke billowing out of it. then out of no where an airplane flew into the 2nd tower.

Sally gasped, Percy went over to her with concern. Sally cluched Percy in her arms as if she was afraid to loose him.

" mommywhat's wrong?" Percy asked " come on Percy, go get your shoes." Sally ordered, When she had her shoes on, and so did Percy, Sally hurried out, got Percy buckled in the seat before driving toward the smoke. Percy still cluches the blue cookie in his hand.

Percy's eyes widened in shock and fear at the sight of the twin towers slowly collapsing.

" what happened?" Percy cried

"shh it's ok Percy." Sally soothed.  They got out, but couldn't go pass the boundries the police set up. it was hours before Sally was allowed to go in.

Sge went around to all the firefighters, policemen, and helpers and helped them with anything she could do.

Percy helped a little, before he got in the way to much and Sally made him sit by the car. He was about to eat his cookie when he heard a crying sound. nearby a man 45 years in a Firfighter Uniform was covering his face, and sobbing into his finger.

" their gone. all gone." he kept muttering. Percy walked up to him,and timidly tugged his shirt. the man looked down at him with a tear streaked face.

"why are you crying?" Percy asked, the man smiled a little. " my kids, and my wife were in that building." he soobed. " they haven't been found." Percy held out his cookie to the man, who took it in surprise.

" you need this more than me." Percy said, as the man took it in his hand.

"thank you." the man smiled, he bent down to pat Percy's head but Percy attacked him with a hug instead. he was startled at first, before hugging back.

People nearby smiled at the preformance they saw. A boy so small was able to help a man in so much pain