The wrong thanksgiving

"Come on Kayc, we're married now. You have to tolerate her!" he exclaims as I walk into the kitchen behind him.

"But she's the wicked witch of the west! I can't stand her!" I exclaim as he sighs.

"Please. For me? I know you despise most of my family-" he begins.

"I love Mama and Papa Lew as well as Sarah and Serris, everyone else though, I could live without knowing." I say, grabbing one of the two dishes.

"Just... be nice." he says as I nod.

I'll try.
~~~~

"Sean! Sweetie is that you?" I hear, looking up to see his excuse of a great aunt. "Oh, the girl too... I heard you two got married recently!" She exclaims, kissing his cheek as she pulls him into a hug.

"Yes ma'm! It was beautiful." he says as I begin walking towards Miya.

"Kayleigh dear, why wasn't I invited to the wedding?" she ask, as I sigh turning towards her.

"My name is Kaycee. I've known you two years, you should know my name at this point. Your invitation most likely got lost in the mail, it really didn't, we never sent you one in the first place, but you'll totally be invited to the renewal of the vows ceremony, as long as we're invited to the funeral just a few months before! You'll be with us in spirit. Happy Thanksgiving!" I exclaim, storming towards Miya.

"Rough time already?" she ask as I begin to help her with different sides.

"I can't stand her. I'm sorry Miya." I say, looking towards her as she smiles.

"It's okay, I can't stand her either at times, and she's my aunt. Just don't tell her I said that." she says, giggling lightly.

"Hey Kayc, our  great cousin Eltha is here. Please, I know you don't-" she begins, only to be cut off by a high pitched voice.

"Kaycee! Since when have you had a tattoo?" she ask, staring at the tattoo on my wrist.

"Sean took me for my 19th birthday, why?" I ask as she silently judges me.

"You know Kaycee, tattoos are a lifetime commitment." she nods as I smile tightly.

This judgemental little b-

"Unlike your marriage, sorry about the divorce by the way." I whisper, walking off to see Sean standing and talking with Kylee.
~~~~~
"How long until we leave?" I ask softly, more upset than before.

"Probably not long, you've insulted more than half of my family." he jokes, making me smile.

"They're rude." I say, defending my actions.

"They're traditional. You know I'd much rather prefer a thanksgiving with our parents and siblings and not the entire Lew family but my dad dragged us into it. I'm sorry." he apologizes as I shrug.

"Just a few more hours, I can handle not insulting someone's exsistence for that long, right?" I confirm as he breathes heavily.
~~~~

Boy was I wrong.

I scoff at his uncle, as the entire table argues about the fine line between animal abuse and discipline, which somehow Sarah accidentally brought up.

"All I'm saying as that they-" I begin, only for my eyes to widen as he holds a hand at my face, telling me to hush.

"Quiet! Animals can't feel anything!" he exclaims, matter of factly.

"You know... I heard that your wife can't either, isn't that so weird?" I ask, leaning back in my chair as I look towards Sarah to see her stifling a laugh.
~~~~

"So, this thanksgiving wasn't the best." he says as we walk out to the car, hauling leftovers.

"Well, maybe have high hopes for next year!" I exclaim as he smiles lightly.

"Knowing you Mrs. Lew, I doubt it." he says as I slap his shoulder playfully.

"The sad thing is that you're right. This was just the wrong thanksgiving." I say, opening  the passenger side door.

So, I know Kaycee would NEVER be rude or disrespectful like this to anyone,especially to her family but I was reading thanksgiving clapbacks and thought why not? So here you go! I hope you guys enjoyed this one! -Shay💛💙