mission: get the girl

"Hey Sean! Can I talk to you for a second?" I hear, looking up to see Kobe standing behind me as Tahani and Kaycee catch up.

"Sure! What's up? Is something wrong?" I ask in concern, walking with him outside the door of the restaurant we're at for Hani's party.

"Kind of- I was wondering if you and Kaycee would maybe come to Disney or something with me and Hani, you guys are just really close and I though it'd be nice to take her and some of her friends." he says with a wide smile as I smile softly, frowning quickly.

"Kaycee and I aren't dating-" I begin softly as a look of guilt strikes his face and his eyes widen.

"Man, I am so sorry! You guys are just really close and honestly act like more of a couple than we do- I'm so sorry for assuming!" he begins as I shake my head quickly.

"It's fine. I'll check with Kayc and she'll most likely want to tag along. Don't worry about it." I say, smiling as he nods slowly, clapping me on the back.

"You love her don't you?" he ask as I feel a blush rise to my face, eyes wide.

"Is it that obvious?" I whisper as he nods, chuckling lightly.

"You look at her like she's the sun dude, you're whipped." he says, making me laugh lightly.
~~~~

"Let's go Kayc!" I exclaim, standing in her room as she continues to look between the two pairs of shoes in hand.

"Should I go with my sneakers since we're going to be walking alot or my disney themed shoes that Mom got made?" she ask as I walk towards her, lifting the sneakers from her hands.

"Better safe than sorry." I remind her, watching as she sets the others down, angling her foot with a smile.

"The least you can do is put your own shoe on so I can tie it Rice." I tease, rolling my eyes as I slip the shoe on her foot, beginning to tie the laces.

"This is all your fault. You stopped letting me tie my shoes a while ago. It's not my fault you kind of spoiled me." she jokes as I pat her leg, setting it down as she lifts the other one.
~~~~

"Hani!" She exclaims, rushing into the girl's arms as if she didn't see the girl less than 24 hours ago, and instead it's been ten years and one of them were in a coma.

"Sean. Mission get the girl, starts now." I hear looking to Kobe in confusion.

"Mission what now?" I ask softly as we stand, looking at the two girls as they glance back between us and eachother, laughing like crazy.

"You guys! We're heading into the gift shop!" Tahani shouts, dragging Kaycee with her as I see rainbows follow the girl.

"Okay! Get me a pin!" Kobe jokes, turning towards me as he takes a deep breath.

"First step of this mission, stop drooling over the girl, you look like a fool." he says, slapping the back of my head lightly as I subconsciously straighten my posture, wiping my mouth of  the non-existent drool.

"Do I really drool over her? It's not the first time I've been told that." I whisper, cringing as he lets out a good laugh, looking around the park.

"Step two, befriend her, which you already have covered, as well as steps three through 5, so step-" he begins as I cut him off.

"Wait- what are steps three, four, and five?" I ask quickly in concern.

"Three, let her know you care, Four, let her trust you, maybe even be vulnerable at times, and step 5, meet the parents." he says softly as I count off the steps in my head, memories flashing through my mind.