the man behind the screen

he was the man behind the screen.

watching her every move.
he watched all of her friends, her associates,

he watched as she grew as a person.

a dancer.

he saw the tears, hidden from others,

the smiles that were true, not false.

she was a girl.

he was a guy.

she had no idea he existed,

but he knew all of hers.

"kaycee. kaycee. kaycee." he whispered to himself, clicking his tounge as he watched the screen where she sat in a coffee shop, writing a paper for her college history of the arts class.

"hani i just don't understand! i don't even do art! i dance! why would i care about vincent van gough?" the girl asked non-directly into the laptop as she sat on the phone with her best friend and college roomate.

"sean! what are you doing?" he heard, jumping at the sound of his supervisors voice.

"just monitoring the subject sir." he said, taking off the ear-piece, looking around to all of the other people similar to him.

"you're an fbi agent, not a stalker. get these filed for me asap." sean was told

"yes sir."

sean moved from his desk, leaving the girl he knew well behind.

meanwhile, miles and miles away,

kaycee sat staring at her laptop,

finally back in her dorm room.

"hani?" she asked softly, looking up to her best friend who sat texting her boyfriend.

"do you think there are actual fbi agents watching our every move?" kaycee asked softly, glancing up at her friend.

"hun, it's all a joke. fbi agents don't stalk us." tahani reassured, calming her worried friend.

"are you sure?" kaycee asked, worry still creeping within.

"have you done anything illegal? if no is your answer than you have nothing to worry about. if your answer is yes i'm not so sure." tahani commented, as kaycee let out a sigh.

she was being overdramatic is all.

she'd be fine.

she was fine.

julian thought the man was crazy.

all sean did was sit and watch the girl.

"i just want to make sure she's not doing anything wrong"

"i'm just doing my job jules."

"she's my responsibilty."

all things julian had heard from his co-worker.

all excuses.

but julian knew.

sean couldn't be more obvious.

they weren't supposed to know these many things about the person they were monitoring, so julian would test him.

"hey sean? what's this girl's last name?" julian asked at their lunch break, sitting across from his best friend.

"rice. why?" sean had asked in confusion, biting into his sandwich. 

"and her favorite snack?" julian continued, prying.

"she likes this certain popcorn brand. why are you asking?" sean pressed, glaring at the boy.

"lewser, i hate to break it to you. but you love her." julian said, sighing lightly as he slowly watched sean grow embarrassed,

his face turning as red as a tomato.

"i don't! i'm just doing-" sean began, trying to defend himself.

"her smile makes rainbows. i can read your mind. we've been friends for how long? i know you sean, and you fell in love with her." julian stated, shrugging his shoulders.

"and if she somehow decided to go out with me? 'oh yeah kaycee! i know everything about you and your family because i stalked you for two years as someone in the fbi! i love your dress by the way!' julian i'm not going to ruin her life! i just have to get over her. i'm just a guy behind a screen, and she- she's the epitome of what the world should be. kind, compassionate, caring, empathetic. not to add that she's a total dork, and it's adorable." sean said quickly, gasping for light breath after he stopped talking.

julian was going to get them together.

i mean he was best friends with the both of them.

kaycee sat across from the boy, concerned with the grin on his face.

"jules? you okay?" kaycee asked softly, stirring the tea in her cup as he looked at her with a giddy look.

"there's this guy! i work with him-" julian began only to be cut off quickly.

"julian i don't-" kaycee began, only to be cut off again as she began to stand.

"his name is sean. just listen." julian said softly, placing his hand on top of hers, ushering her to sit down again.

hi!! i feel like it's been a while since i've written, but it's only been five days lol! i hope yall had a great thanksgiving! it's officially black friday for me!

sean's birthday was this week! 18! that's crazy! it was so much fun seeing them have the time of their lives in iceland celebrating sean's birthday as well as thanksgiving!

i hope you guys have a wonderful day! remember, be well, be kind, be true, and be you:)

-shay<3