undercover injury

"rice, you have a new patient, a new inmate." kaycee heard as she checked off a patient's chart, placing it with the others.

"send him in." she whispered, changing the gloves on her hand, as in just a few minutes she'd be treating someone's bloody nose, or stab wound.

she watched carefully, trying to hide the disgust as he walked in, blood dripping down his face, eye swollen shut.

"can i ask what happened?" she asked, taking a deep breath as a guard forced him into a chair.

"shouldn't you get my information and stuff?" he asked confused as she nodded lightly.

"yes, but i also need to know how critical your condition is so i can treat it." she responds, looking over her file.

"charles darwin?" she ask, arching an eyebrow at the man with black hair, of asian descent as he nods.

"that's me ma'am." he reassures, holding an ice pack to his eye.

"okay, lay back for me, take off the ice pack." she ordered, grabbing a cotton pad, gently cleaning the area around his eye, freeing it of blood, before disinfecting the wound, cleaning his face up, putting ice back on his face, and prescribing him pain medication, which would be taken with her present in the room every day.

every day charles came back, taking his pain medication, and making conversation with her.

"alright! favorite color?" he asked, grinning as she handed him a cup with his medication.

"either yellow or blue. they're both pretty. okay, favorite school subject?" she asked in return, jotting down notes, an infectious smile on her face that made him feel weird, it made him feel happy.

"i used to like math, but now i'm more of a book person." he said softly as he sat in her office that wednesday getting to know eachother, for maybe the thirtieth time that month, not that either of them minded

she knew that something was off, that he wasn't being honest.

so she took things into her own hands, they had built a friendship, and she wasn't going allow it to be ruined by a mountain of lies.

so instead of having her lunch break, she sat at her desk, praying that she didn't get caught, because then she'd get fired, and then maybe even arrested.

she stared at her computer screen, typing in his name to the prison's database.

charles darwin

no results found

"that's odd. who even are you?" she asked herself, attempting again to run his name through the database.

if he's not registered as a prisoner, then who is he?

she decided to go a step further, pulling up the states federal records, courtesy of her family, though it was illegal.

there was no such person as charles darwin, he didn't exist.

she immediately called down for him, having him alone with her in minutes, staring him down as he sat with cuffs around his wrist.

"who are you? you come in to my office, with an injury, when i go to file your records, you don't exist. you're not charles darwin, so who are you?" she asked quickly.

he couldn't reveal his identity, he'd be eliminated, he had to come up with something, and quick.

"are you sure? charles s. darwin." he reminded her, hoping that those in his earpiece could hear him.

"that's weird, for the past two days i haven't-" she began in confusion, looking at her monitor as his name now popped up.

"ms.rice, i understand i've done things to deem me untrustworthy, but please, when i tell you my name, believe me." he said, staring at the woman as she nodded, a look of puzzlement on her face.

"yes of course! im sorry!" she apologized quickly as he stood up, and the door to the side of him unlocked.

he walked down the hall with his guard by his side, rubbing his wrist as julian removed the cuffs for the time being.

"brinks? this is sean lew, the girl, kaycee, she knows. she's onto us- yes- no i know that her knowledge can be the downfall of the CIA, and yes sir i'm on it." he reassured his boss into the phone, waving to the chief of the prison, sighing as he thought of the girl.

sean lew was an agent undercover working for the central of intelligence.

his job was to take kaycee rice down, but that would be difficult if he was falling in love with her.

so like my concept... im not really sure about, i saw it on twitter about bellerke and stole it, but kayc is a doctor at a prison, sean is an agent, posing as an injured prisoner to get closer to her for whatever reason, his reason being the fact that she's his target.

i hope yall enjoyed this one, there probably won't be a part two though:) this also isn't very proofread, so sorry for any typos -shay <3