missing

kaycee had been M.I.A. all day, after leaving to run errands, and not returning any of her family's calls, they suspected she went to hang out with sean and his family, and work on some new choreography, so they didn't really worry.

sean on the other hand, believed the same. that she was simply spending time with her family, and was just too busy to respond to his text.

but when he got a call from kylie at 3am, he knew something was wrong.

"kylie? what's wrong? is it kaycee? is someone hurt?" the young boy asked, hearing the sobs in the background.

"we can't find her! we thought she was with you, but when we heard that you were in meetings all day we knew something was wrong. so we tried tracking her phone and nothing's popping up! mom's making herself sick, and dad's burning holes in the carpet." the girl ranted, making sean sit up with fear slowly growing within.

"i'm coming over." he simply said, practically out the door, keys in hand, before awakening his family to let them know the news.

"what do you mean that you can't help? that's your job!!" sean shouted over the phone as he paced back and forth in the rice's living room.

"i don't care! you have to help us find her-" he was currently having a conversation with the cheif of police.

"so what are we supposed to do?" the boy asked, letting out a frustrated sigh as kino sat at his feet, feeling the stress radiate from him.

they couldn't send out an amber alert for another 48 hours. it had been 12.

he had to find her.

all he could hear as he laid in the guest bedroom was her laugh, her voice as she talked about absolutley nothing.

sean simply watched the time on the clock change, more and more time went by.

she could be alone, cold, in the dark, god how she hated dark places, or worse.

the dread mixed anxiety that filled sean was indescribable.

"come on kayc. come home." the young boy whispered as he drove down the streets of l.a.

maybe she had hit her head? got lost?
they needed to check the hospital again.

meanwhile, on the opposite side of town, the girl sat in a room.

he eyes dry from crying, practically dehydrated at this point.

what did she do wrong? she just wanted to pick up some frosting to help sean finish his cake.

"excuse me miss? do you mind helping me get this to my car?" the man had asked her as she stood reading over her reciept.

she didn't know him.

his tall build, broad and intimidating,

his face, round and senile.

but his eyes, what she believed to be the window to a person's soul, a mix of warm, yet threating.

she followed him to his car, it was broad daylight, nothing could happen, right? they were in public in a parking lot for god's sake.

"i um- i should go." kaycee noted, noticing as they got farther and farther from the store doors, and closer to the alley beside it.

"why don't you stay a while?" the girl heard a new voice speak, causing fear to run through her as she practically jumped out of her skin.

and that led to where she sat now.

blindfolded, bounded, and beaten, in what felt like some sort of basement.

it was cold, really cold.

she lost track of time after the first few hours of passing out and back in of conciousness.

"i want to go home! i didn't do anything wrong!"

"is it money you want? some sort of ransom? my family can pay it! i promise!" her voice was hoarse, her throat sore from the screaming.

"let's strike a deal kaycee." she heard, trying to see through the blindfold as if she had x-ray vison.

"but first we have to send a warning to your family. they're all worried about you, frantic and vulrenable, especially that sean boy, god he's a wreck. i'm sure they'd be more of a wreck if they found your body at the bottom of the santa clara river, yes?" the other voice. there were two of them.

"just let me go. please."

"smile kaycee."

as the rice's sat with detectives, all of her family and friends surrounding them in the living room, the weather forecast across the televison cut black, only for a new clip to appear upon the screen.

"oh my god." kylie, the second oldest whispered, feeling sick to her stomach as she watched her little sister in the middle of their family tv.

as the detectives and police rushed to get a video, just in case it went out, to use to help find kaycee,

her parents sat blankly, not believing what was in front of their eyes.

their babygirl, tied up and beaten badly in what looked like a cold, dark room.

"we know what you must be thinking. they must just want a ransom. we'll find it- but that's not it." one of the men spoke from behind the camera, as the other slowly circled the girl, making her let out pleads for help as he touched her shoulder.

"this world, no longer knows trust, honesty, love. this is not for you, laura and brad, but for sean. at this moment you should be recieving instructions of what exactly to do. you will follow them exactly, and if not, the girl dies." the older man concluded.

her family watched on as the camera was picked up from it's tripod, and shoved in her face.

"any words for our viewers kaycee? say hi to your mom." the severly deranged man ordered, as fresh tears rolled down her cheeks,

and she struggled to form proper words, but only two escaped her lips in distress.

"help me."

"you have 72 hours."

just as the live feed cut off, the rice's doorbell rung, the police drawing their weapons, and brad carefully opening the door.

it revealed a package, in it rested the instructions, a note that read

"tik.tok.sean:)"

and the necklace he had gifted her for her 17th birthday.

hey guys! i hope your week's been going well! remember to be authentically kind, authentically true, and authentically you!

-shay<3