all your flaws

kaycee sat at the table, ignoring the chaos around her as she sat still in her pj's staring at the garden right outside the window.

"kaycee! you've got to hurry!" her sister, and maid of honor, kylie exclaimed, pinning her hair as she ushered her sister.

"i need a minute, i'll get ready soon." she whispered, a sad tone in her voice.

"kaycee? what's wrong? you're not getting cold feet are you? you can't get cold feet! this is the most important day of your life munch!" the main wedding planner if kaycee was being truthful, tricia, exclaimed, her loud voice echoing throughout the room.

"no, i just need a minute." the woman whispered hesitantly, looking up at the concerned looking women around her.

"kaycee, i love you, you're going to be my sister soon- who am i kidding, you are my sister! but if you're even thinking of leaving my little brother at the alter-" the older girl, sarah, began, only to be cut off by her baby sister.

"don't mind her, baby stress, sorry. come on sarah! you know kayc wouldn't do that!" serris exclaimed, earning kaycee a quick sincere apology from sarah before they're ushered towards the other side of the room, sarah waddling her way towards a chair.

"do you guys mind stepping out? i need a moment to myself." kaycee said, her leg bouncing as she contemplated her decision.

"yeah! sure babe! of course!" one of her best friends, and 30,000 bridesmaids as sean would like to put it, tahani said, ushering everyone out, before shutting the door behind her.

kaycee could breathe again, no more nagging, no more of her best friends on her back, watching her every move, no more questions that she doesn't have the answers to,

she could finally exhale.

she couldn't do this, not to him, not now, not to them, not to all those people waiting for the two of them to say 'i do' and seal their forever.

it'd ruin everything,

everything they built,

everything they cherished,

everything they'd learn to love.

she couldn't let them down.

he had a way with words, being able to write an entire novel off of one single trait of hers in seconds if she'd let him,

he had such a way with words, that his asking of them moving in together all those years ago sounded more like a proposal.

don't dare to even ask her about the proposal, it's as if shakespeare had possessed the man, speaking such words.

it's not that she didn't want to marry him,

it's not that she didn't love him.

it's that she still couldn't find the perfect words to depict the way she felt,

to describe the amounts of love and appreciation she had for him.

sure, she knew them like the alphabet, but she just couldn't find the words.

after over ten years of being friends, and more than five of being in a relationship, even the thought of him made the butterflies in her stomach flutter, and a warm feeling come to her face,