a melting pot

Kylie pov

"Ky? Can we talk?" I hear, looking up to see a nervous Kaycee standing in my doorway, pausing the movie I'm watching, ushering her in.

"You know we can, what's wrong?" I ask softly, realizing it's something serious as she closes the door.

"It's um-" she begins, cutting herself off as my eyes widen, seeing the genuine fear in her eyes.

"Kayc, are you in any sort of danger? If you are we need to tell Mom and Dad-" I begin, standing up quickly.

"No! It's not that um-" she begins again as I watch her cautiously, watching as she plays with the ends of her sweater, sometimes playing with the few strands of hair hanging in her face.

"Just say it Kaycee, I won't judge you, you know that." I whisper, giving a soft smile as she nods, visibly still nervous.

"It's about Sean." she says quickly, taking a deep breath as I feel a smile creep onto my face.

"Go on." I whisper, holding back a squeal as she rushes towards my bed, laying down and pulling a pillow to her chest.

"I don't know what the feeling is, it's something I've never felt for anyone before and that scares me..It scares me alot." she whispers, as I sit down, pushing her legs away.

"What does it feel like?" I ask, recognizing the familiar feeling as she sighs and I watch a blush rise to her cheek.

"I'm not sure. He just makes me really happy, and I always want to be with him, like I hate being away from him. He's just so nice, and kind, and smart, and genuine, and funny, and humble, and-" she begins as I laugh, making the shade of red on her cheeks deepen. "I just know he'll always be there for me, and I feel like I have to be there for him to, and protect him and-" she continues, sitting up quickly.

"He's SO talented and doesn't realize it! I just- I get so many weird feelings when I'm around him." she whispers as I nod, humming lightly.

"What if I told you that he's with someone?" I ask, watching as her face falls, only for a smile to reappear almost as quickly as it fell.

"I'd be happy for him! He's my best friend and I just hope that whoever he's with, treats him right." she says softly, just not as enthusiastic as before.

"Okay, what else do you like about him?" I ask, watching as a genuine smile breaks onto her face again.

"His laugh! It just makes you want to laugh too, his urge to inspire and strive from what he does, it's really encouraging. And also when he encourages my choreography, it's helped me alot." she says as I nod, smiling lightly.

"And what do you see in your future?" I ask, grabbing the nail file from my night table, hearing her sigh.

"Him," she says softly as I pause, turning towards her with wide eyes.

"No matter what situation I think of he's always there, and I kind of like the thought of that." she whispers, staring at her hands as I smile.

"Okay, let me ask you one thing." I say, looking at her as a look of concern rest on her face. "Do you love him?" I ask quickly, watching as her face stays the same, before a look of realization crosses her face, her eyes wide.

"Do I?" she ask, looking to me for confirmation as I shrug lightly. "Oh my god, I think I do. OH MY GOD!" she shouts, quieting down quickly as she jumps up from the bed. "Oh my god. Kylie. I love him!" she whispers, her eyes wide as she quickly sits back down, a look of terror on her face.

"Kayc? Whats wrong now?" I ask, watching as she fiddles with her hands.

"I don't know how to tell him, what if I say something stupid?  she ask as I sigh.

"FaceTime him, I'll be to the side the entire time. Here!" I exclaim, grabbing my makeup bag as her eyes widen.

"I'm not wearing makeup." she whispers as I hum, unzipping it quickly.

"Just a little!" I exclaim,  ducking as she  snatches the bag from my hands, throwing it hard to where it hits the door behind me.

"Fine. You do it your way." I tease, sitting down as she tosses her phone a few times, before rushing out of the room.
~~~~

"KYLIE!" I hear, looking up from my book as she rushes into my room, slamming the door shut.

"Did you tell him? What'd he say?" I ask, watching as she plops on my bed, a bright smile on her face.

"I forgot to ask! He had just woken up from a nap and OH MY GOD his dimples were so cute!" she exclaims as I sigh, smiling as she begins to gush over him.

"Tell me all about it." I whisper, genuinely interested.

"You know that shirt? The blue one? He was wearing it and oh my god Kylie! He looked so cute! He's literally the cutest!" she exclaims, kicking her feet into the air out of excitement.

"What else is cute about him?" I ask, glancing down at my phone as it records the audio.

I'm totally sharing this at their wedding.

"You know when you laugh, and air comes out while you're smiling? HE DID THAT AND IT WAS SO CUTE. God take me." she says, covering her blushing face. "His entire existence just makes me so happy, like what even? Miya and Cheuk deserve Oscar's for creating such a beautiful human." she says as I smile, watching as she closes her eyes.

"Did you actually tell him?" I ask, laughing as I watch her eyes pop open again, watching a frown make it's way onto her face.

"No. I had one job, dang it Kaycee." she whispers, hitting herself on the head.

"Just tell him tomorrow you melting pot." I tease, watching as her brows furrow in confusion.

"Melting pot?" she ask, genuine concern and confusion on her face as I giggle lightly.

"You gush and melt like crazy when we bring him up, it's like you're a melting pot." I say, watching as she attempts to hold back a smile.
~~~~

"KYLIE!" I hear, looking towards the door as she basically jumps through the door, a bright grin on her face.

"To my office!" I exclaim, receiving weird looks from our family as I set the magazine in my hand down, walking towards my room behind her, holding back a laugh as she almost trips up the stairs.
~~~~

"Alright, go at it." I whisper, shutting the door as she stops in the middle of my floor before jumping and jerking around like an idiot.

"I told Sean after class today, since we had to film to Sean Lew Approved! Guess what!" she whisper shouts, looking at me with wide eyes.

"He told you he loved you too?" I ask softly, hearing her squeal in response as I sit on my bed, closing my eyes quickly.

"And he told me he'd-" she begins softly, only as I hear a loud crash, popping my eyes open quickly.

"Kayc?" I ask, looking down on the floor to see her laying there, staring at the ceiling.

"We're going on a date Saturday. I'm not sure where, but will you help me?" she ask as I feel a smile make it's way onto my face, humming lightly as a blush sits on her face, watching as she becomes giddy again.

my sister's a melting pot...

Cause loved up Kayc is everything, Gail.... don't you say a word. -Shay💙💛