date night

it was a special day.

sean was stress ball changing like crazy if he were being honest,

rushing around the house, trying to get ready.

"my cuffs! my cuffs! where are my cuffs?" he had asked himself quickly, running through the kitchen.

the man had found them on the counter for some odd reason, before beginning to tie his tie.

what if she hates it?

he had spent weeks, maybe even years preparing for this night, he couldn't fail.

she was the most important thing in his life, he had to make sure she knew the right way to be treated by anyone.

"sean!" he heard, then rushing to the bottom of the steps hearing her laugh lightly, spotting his wife at the top of the stairs.

"your date until 8:30 is ready!" kaycee exclaimed, a bright smile on her face as she brushed her loose hair back into her bun, stepping aside to present their four year old daughter.

"avy you look beautiful princess! are you ready?" sean asked, feeling his excitement grow as he watched his daughter grow excited.

"yes! let's go!" the young girl exclaimed, almost tripping down the stairs if it weren't for her father, but before they could leave, he heard his wife's voice, and she didn't sound happy.

"avanna rowan lew. come get your jacket, you can't get sick." kaycee said softly, but sternly, holding her young daughter's coat in hand.

the father daughter duo now sat in the middle of a diner, avanna's all time favorite spot.

"daddy? how long have you and mommy loved eachother?" the girl asked as sean bit into his burger, leaning across to wipe the ketchup from her face as she dipped more fries into her ketchup.

"since we were just kids. why do you ask angel?" he had asked softly, smiling at his daughter as he watched her thinking face form.

"do you think anyone will love me like you love mommy?" she had asked, looking up at her father with hopeful eyes.

"of course munch, you'll find someone when you're older. but we're not going to worry about that right now. what type of ice cream do you want?" he asked softly, trying to divert the subject (he didn't want his daughter growing up. there was no way. she'd have her first kiss at 40 as long as he's alive).

"mommy said that when she was younger, like cousin evangeline's age, she didn't know how to feel about you. she didn't know if she wanted to love you, or just be friends." avanna said softly, spooning mac and cheese into her mouth.

"oh yeah, i remember that." sean whispered, not too excited to remember the time where he admitted how he felt, and got rejected.

"but mommy loves you now right?" the young girl asked, her eyes a mixture of black and hazel.

"she does. and im so glad she does!" sean responded, smiling brightly at his daughter as she looked satisfied with the answer she received.

"daddy? can we get chocolate ice cream?" the girl asked softly, making her father laugh as he nodded softly, waving over the waitress.

just minutes away at home, kaycee sat in their shared bathroom.

she couldn't do this, not right now.

not with her dad in the hospital, or her daughter struggling to start school along with the other kids, not with the constant rush of things at their studio,

but she was more than happy to, she always would be.

avanna was going to be a sister,

sean a father again,

her a mom once more,

now she just needed to find a way to tell them.

this is honestly just such a filler and not my best work since i was on a sort of vacation family get away thing this weekend and wasn't really on my phone unless i was back at my hotel,

but i promise i'll have something better out the next time i publish, it may not be happy, but it'll be better!

i hope yall enjoyed this one, remember, be well, be kind, be true, be you.

-shay <3