you feel like home

he glanced at the clock, his inner thoughts keeping him awake, not allowing him a wink of sleep.

this isn't healthy, he knew this. they weren't healthy, that being something he knew a little too well.

he wanted to leave.

pack his bags, leave out the door, and just up and leave, not giving her a single thought afterwards.

they loved each other since they were kids, after he turned eighteen he decided to drag her along to fairplay with him, his second home.

she had fell in love with it, just as he did years prior...

let's just say their parents weren't the most joyful when they announced that they'd be staying, moving to another country, away from the things they knew,

away from home.

home.
"the place where one lives permanently, especially as a member of a family or household."

sure this was the place where he lived, where he slept, ate, or did work, but it wasn't home.

the constant fights, screaming matches so loud late in the night that the poor neighbors children would wake up with a fright, the parents scolding their troublesome neighbors.

the constant fights that led to her locking him out, having him roam the dark streets, only to be called and asked to come home.

the constant fights in which at some point were non-existent but turned to something it shouldn't have been,

growing from the built up rage and stress they carried with them, being triggered by most things,

like her not calling when she gets home, him of course being worried for her safety,

or him going out to bars and getting so drunk he could barely see straight, and stumbled over his own two feet.

none of it was home for him, she was protection from what he feared of the real world, reassurance that he was capable of love.

to her, he was arm candy, able to get her the best seats at a party, or get some jealous looks from those she despised.

they were broken, and used each other like pawns, trying to win their own separate games of chess.

he decided to do what any smart person would do.

he packed his bags, and he left.

he caught the first flight back to the states, not contacting a single soul to let them know.

he knew he should of, he knew that it was late in california, and his mother would stay up to call him in a few hours when it was a reasonable time of morning back in poland.

but instead he was selfish, she'd be happier having her son back in her arms anyway, rather than hear his voice over the phone everyday.

kaycee had awoken with a start, feeling the frigid air make it's way through the room of the house.

the house that didn't truly feel like home, if you asked her.

something was wrong. something was off.

that's when she realized, the bed was empty, every morning as per usual, her air cranked to it's highest setting, as she knew she got hot during the night, and an eerie silence cast over the house.

that's when it happened.

that's when it hit her.

there wasn't an eerie silence, but instead a loud rapping at her front door.

she rushed to her feet, grabbing her robe in the process, making her way down the stairs as the knocking continued.

hopefully she didn't look too bad, but it was most likely just a friend of hers, bringing her coffee and breakfast to help her pull through the day.

though she had already gotten to the door, unlocking it when she realized it was 4 in the morning.

she couldn't go back, she had turned on her kitchen light, whoever was at her door was sure to know she was awake.

it happened again.

the knocking.

she quickly swallowed her pride, not caring how she looked, opening the door, revealing the familiar face.

silence sat between the two as they stared at each other, both with tired eyes.

"you're back." she whispered in disbelief, watching as the boy who she cried over for weeks, angry yet so happy for, stood on her doorstep.

"hey kayc, im home." he whispered, a soft smile on his face as she too felt a grin form on to hers.

she pulled him in for a lung-collapsing hug, missing every part of him, remembering the person she missed.

"you feel like home." she breathed, burying herself farther into his embrace as he too finally felt that he was home.

they finally found a home, a home were both their hearts were found.

because i listened to straight back down, and because home is where the heart is. it was going to be sad, and sean was gonna leave kayc, but i decided to be nice, and kind of mislead yall. happy friday! -shay <3