3.

"Hello?" I answered my phone half awake and half alseep not checking the caller's ID. I looked over to the alarm clock blinking twice seeing that my vision was blurry to only see that it was half past four in the morning. Who could be calling this early in the morning? It better be good and not a prank call or nothing serious. If it is not I'll strangle whoever is on the line. I heard rush talking in the background as I wait for the person to talk. "Hello?" I spoke louder and more awake.

"Crystal thank God. I have been calling you for awhile now and how much time do I have to tell you not to put your phone on vibration knowing that you sleep like the dead." She scolds me for the millionth time in my life before getting to the reason why she called. I had to wait until she finishes her scolding and if I interrupt her it will be a long phone call that I don't want. I groaned internally seeing that she is not going to stop lecturing me even when I am an adult she speaks to me like a child.

"Mom." I called but she continues. "Mom!" I said louder and she stops and I know she is wearing the face. "I know you didn't call me to lecture me so what happened?"

"Dear your father is in the hospital..." That's all I heard my mother said and I went numb. "Crystal are you still there?" My mother asked but I couldn't speak. My father is in the hospital? "Crystal?" I can't lose my dad. I don't want to lose him. I am really close to him than my mother and it would destroy me to see him go.

"What happened?" Was the only words that left my mouth. I didn't wanted to know but still I asked knowing I can't avoid it forever. I spoke my breath and wait for her to answer.

"Your father had a heart attack and he was rush to the hospital but he is okay now." She said and I finally could let go of the breath that I was holding.

"I am coming over now and I will call you when I get there." I said and hung up the phone after my mother said okay and she will see me when I get there.

When I got to the hospital my mother was sitting in the waiting room but got up when she saw me. She engulfed me into a bear hug then released me holding onto my shoulder. "I am sorry if I scared you I know how you are close to your father and how you must of felt when I told you he had a heart attack." She said rubbing both of my shoulder.

"So what did the doctor said? Is he going to be okay?" I asked. I need to know to calm my rampant thoughts.

"He is going to be okay dear no need to worry. The heart attack wasn't life threatening but it could have been worse and I thank God that it wasn't. You know that most of the men in his family die of heart attack and I am glad he didn't suffer the same fate." She said taking my hands in it squeezing it tight to reassure me that everything is going to be okay but I can't calm down until I see him. I want to know for myself that he is okay. "They said he should stay for the rest of the morning and he would be released in the afternoon just for precautions."

"What caused him to have a heart attack anyways and he is not working or doing strenuous activities?" I asked curious knowing his forefathers had a heart attack due to some shit they've been doing. I looked at her waiting for an answer but she looks reluctant.

"Well..." She starts. "We were...um..." I saw her struggle then it clicked. I stopped her before she could even tell me the story of her and dad getting at it.

"No need. I don't need to know." I told her taking a seat. She stood in the same position looking embarrassed and a little red. I pat the chair next to me signalling her to sit. "What are we waiting for?" I asked when she sat in the chair.

"For them to finish running tests." She said with a sigh.

I got comfortable in my chair seeing that this is going to take a while. "Where is Tiffany?" I asked realizing that she was not here.